High School English Writing Teacher in China
3 days left
- Job Type
We are seeking several full-time high school teachers for the 2020-2021 academic school year and beyond in this content area:
- English Writing and Composition
Jinling High School, American Division specifically focuses on preparing outstanding Chinese students to attend top universities in the United States and other English-speaking countries.
Jinling is located in the center of downtown Nanjing and is conveniently located within walking distance to Chinese and Western restaurants, shopping, and historical sites.
Jinling High School is a prestigious grade 10th-12th public high school with over 2000 students founded in 1888 in Nanjing, China. The American Division Program has 180 students who study a hybrid American and Chinese high school curriculum. This includes intensive English courses and many Advanced Placement (AP) courses taught in English.
The American Division collaborates with the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) to offer several UCLA Extensions courses to 11th and 12th grade students. The American Division was established in 2008, and it is now one of the most selective international programs with the highest admission scores in Nanjing.
Responsibilities and Duties
The weekly teaching load will be approximately 18 periods per week teaching 10th to 12th grade students. Each period is 40 minutes long.
Teachers will be responsible for lesson design, instruction, classroom activities, assessment, office hours, and providing feedback to students about ways to enhance their learning.
- Previous teaching experience in the subject area is expected (new teacher education graduates excepted).
- Advanced English speaking and writing proficiency.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the content area, in the field of education, or a related field is expected.
- Qualified for employment in the United States.
- Teachers receive a monthly stipend to pay for rent of a local apartment and to pay utilities.
- Round-trip airfare is provided for every 1 year of teaching.
- Travel medical and accident insurance is included.
- Teachers will have approximately 3 months of vacation time per year based on the Chinese academic calendar.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Base Salary: Begins at CNY 23,000/month and increases based on experience. This currently converts to an annual starting salary of USD $42,190 per year, not including free housing.
Additional benefits includes USD $750 per month for housing costs in addition to the base salary
Apply for High School English Writing Teacher in China
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly