The Corporate & Community Education division at Carteret Community College is accepting applications for a part-time English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor. This ESL part-time instructor will be teaching during business hours at a Carteret County business.
Apply online at www.carteret.edu. Attach a copy of your unofficial college transcript with your application.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Instructors are responsible for preparing lessons and teaching the four core subject areas: reasoning through language arts, social studies, science, and mathematics. Instructors must be able to teach a variety of student academic levels in accordance with WIOA directives and applicable program guidelines. The instructor must possess the ability to adjust teaching styles to a variety of ages, diverse student populations, and educational functioning levels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES include:
- Create a welcoming, engaging, and effective learning environment.
- Use teaching methods designed for a variety of ages, academic levels, and learning styles.
- Present instruction based on the NCCCS College and Career Readiness Adult Education Standards.
- Maintain all required paperwork and electronic records accurately, and submit required documentation in an organized and timely manner.
- Assist students with goal setting based on assessments, and assure that students stay on track toward graduation.
- Assist with emphasizing classroom safety and good housekeeping.
- Must have excellent communication skills and work cooperatively with colleagues and volunteers
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of student's personal information as outlined by FERPA.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or a related field from an accredited four-year university/college
- Three years of teaching experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Detailed oriented
- Experience teaching adults and/or teaching in College and Career Readiness Programs
- Experience in teaching students in a correctional setting
- Adult Education Certification and/or NC teaching license
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to a satisfactory background check.
Carteret Community College serves and empowers our students and coastal community by providing high-quality education, workforce training, and lifelong enrichment in an innovative and inclusive learning environment.
Agency Carteret Community College (NC)
Address 3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, North Carolina, 28557