Requisition Number: 2023060F
Job Type: Part Time
Job Category: Faculty
Job Description Summary:
Faculty in this position perform the day-to-day operations of the instructional area of developmental education-reading, writing, integrated reading and writing, learning frameworks, and study skills, having both credentials and teaching experience in one or more of these disciplines.
Part-time faculty members at Blinn College are unranked and have the common title of Instructor.
Essential Duties :
- Provides instruction for courses at a variety of times and locations, including in-person instruction.
- Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
- Maintains access to students through posted office hours, including in-person office hours and electronic communication.
- Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
- Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
- Advises students in academic matters.
- Evaluates students' performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
- Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
- Provides recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
- Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
- Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments.
- Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
- Possesses a passion for teaching community college students.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally.
- Attends college orientation and required institutional meetings.
- Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other instructors, staff, administration and students. This position requires in-person teaching.
Bachelor's degree with a major or minor in English or in a related field such as education, reading, writing, linguistics, TESOL , or language arts.
Bachelor's degree with related teaching or training experience in one or more related field such as education, reading, writing, linguistics, TESOL , or language arts.
College teaching experience desirable. Masters or 18 graduate hours in English desirable.
Experience in teaching online desirable. Training in Quality Matters desirable.
Salary Range: Per part time faculty salary schedule