Join our winning team of global superstars in summer 2024
Embassy Summer, under its parent company EC English, offers award winning summer vacation programmes for young people across multiple locations in the Canada, UK, USA, Malta, UAE & South Africa. Students learn either English or French whilst immersing themselves in the local culture and surroundings. Our programmes are a combination of language classes, exciting excursions and fun-filled sporting, creative and social activities.
From its humble beginnings in Hastings over four decades ago, Embassy Summer has today evolved in to a globally recognised and trusted brand. Our vision is to help our students succeed in a global community. We love bringing our young learners from around the world together through a common language and building global connections.
Center Academic Managers (CAMs) oversee a team of teachers and are responsible for coordinating all the academics in our ESL international summer school programs. Successful CAMs collaborate closely with students, teachers, Group Leaders, and the Center Manager to ensure the safety, organization, and enjoyment of all students.
The Center Academic Manager supervises the academics department and manages the team of teachers to ensure that all classes are well-planned, adequately staffed, and equipped for operation. They ensure that teachers are fully briefed on their roles for each class.
This is a residential position with room and board accommodation provided. The position is available at one of our summer campuses in New York, Boston, Los Angeles, Montreal, or Toronto. For more information about each location, please visit embassysummer.com.
A flexible approach to the position is required, including the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality customer satisfaction by providing and delivering a top-notch academic program.
- Organize and manage the academic timetable and course planning.
- Coordinate and oversee placement testing for students upon arrival, ensuring appropriate placement into classes based on test results.
- Manage the efficient use of academic materials and resources.
- Ensure lessons are integrated, following our syllabi and guidelines.
- Support, monitor, and guide teachers through lesson observations and feedback.
- Maintain recommended staffing levels based on student levels and ratios.
- Teach when required to meet operational needs.
- Ensure all students complete an End of Program questionnaire and receive a certificate of achievement and report before departure.
- Respond to and address student and Group Leader inquiries regarding classes and levels.
- Foster a positive working environment with the teaching staff.
- Review and approve all teacher timesheets in collaboration with the Center Manager.
- Regularly liaise with the Center Manager and Group Leaders to maintain high levels of student safety, welfare, and discipline.
- Assist in running the center temporarily in the absence of the Center Manager or Activity Manager, including weekends.
- Collaborate with the Center Manager and other center management staff to execute a 24-hour emergency on-call rotation schedule.
- Lead and participate in weekly meetings with group leaders.
- Lead the professional development of teachers by conducting weekly observations and providing immediate, constructive feedback during the program to ensure the delivery of a high-quality academic program.
- Coordinate student arrivals and departures with assistance from the Center Manager.
Qualifications & Training:
- 2+ years of ESL teaching experience, with a proven track record of teaching ESL to a wide range of levels and age groups using effective teaching methods.
- Experience with continuous enrollment courses and weekly intakes.
- Native-level fluency in English.
- Bachelor”s degree plus MA TESOL and TEFL Certification.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and supervisory abilities.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multitasking skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a team in a varied, fast-paced role in a high-pressure environment.
- Leadership and inspiration for teaching staff.
- Proficiency with computers, Word, and Excel programs.
- Valid First Aid and/or CPR Certificate (Desirable).
- Lifeguard and/or other coaching qualifications (Desirable).
Camp dates typically run from mid-June to mid-August. For exact timelines, please refer to embassysummer.com. Mandatory paid training days will be clarified during the hiring process. We eagerly anticipate welcoming you to the Embassy Summer team!
Powered by JazzHR