Enrichment Center Coordinator* Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S02577
Position Title Enrichment Center Coordinator
Internal Position Title Enrichment Center Coordinator
Department Adult Education/Literacy
Position Type Staff
Job Family Specialist
Enrichment Center Coordinator under the supervision of the Instructional Support Manager will coordinate with faculty to provide instructional materials and support to Adult Education students at the Adult Education and ESL Enrichment Centers at LSC and GLC . This will entail coordination with faculty and students, training and supervision of flex staff, training instructors, assisting students, monitoring of student test scores and level gains and running reports to analyze need. Also responsible for the maintenance and effective usage, data entry and running reports of Burlington English, CASAS Goals Academy, ALEKS , and other Digital Literacy programs. These online applications are necessary to meet ICCB performance metrics and assist our students in transitioning to college and the workforce.
Why choose the College of Lake County for your next opportunity?
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that includes Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois health, Delta Dental and Superior Vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 14 paid holidays each year.
CLC is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences. CLC achieved a milestone in 2023 with its designation as a Leader College. This national recognition awarded by the Achieving the Dream Network is the result of improved student outcomes through the CLC's relentless commitment to transformational change and the implementation of innovative practices within the student success model over the past few years.
CLC aspires to be a place where every student succeeds, every employee thrives, so that every business achieves and every community grows. Our mission is to be innovative and value-driven in supporting student success through developing and encouraging employees of all backgrounds on their journey toward achieving personal and professional growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Linguistics, TESOL , or related field.
- Two (2) years' minimum experience working with/and or teaching adult learners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to assume responsibility, exercise judgment and perform with minimal supervision.
- Be able to synthesize, summarize, and report on relevant data.
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Master's Degree in Education, Linguistics, TESOL , or related field.
- Experience with Peoplesoft and DAISI .
- Experience working at a Community College
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Posting Date 02/07/2024
Closing Date 02/25/2024
Expected Start Date 03/25/2024
Special Instructions Summary
*This is a grant funded position; continued employment is contingent upon external funding sources.
Pay Rate $47,488/year
Total Hours per week 40.00
Mondays - Friday 8:30 - 4:30pm
One evening per week
One Saturday per month
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements Writing Samples, Presentation
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operations & Procedures: 70%
- Maintains data bases of student appointments, Enrichment Center usage, performance metrics and runs software program reports to monitor use and efficacy,
- Schedules, supervises, and trains Enrichment Center staff.
- Work with Academic and Data team to provide data in DAISI and monitor program progress for continuous improvement of services.
- Monitors testing reports to target students that have not demonstrated required ICCB post testing performance measures.
- Coordinates paper materials and digital resources in the Enrichment Center to be used by tutors working with students.
- Coordinates with Enrollment Center to assure testing and retesting is performed per need and policies.
- Plans and adjusts referral process to meet student, instructor and department needs.
- Plans and refines tracking and monitoring systems of enrolled students to meet faculty/chair and ICCB learning objectives.
- Coordinates daily operations of the Enrichment Centers and part-time staff to ensure availability and thoroughness of services.
- Coordinates with faculty and staff to provide training and online tutorials for all Enrichment Center programs.
Student & Customer Service: 25%
- Works with instructors, providing Enrichment Center materials to help in classroom instruction to meet/exceed performance metrics. Recruit for maximal Enrichment Center useage.
- Provides training and tutorials to faculty to use Enrichment Center materials in their classrooms for instructional purposes.
- Provides faculty with student progress updates.
- Prepare and implement Enrichment Center workshops to teach study skills, test prep etc.
- Provides information and workshops to instructors and students to promote Enrichment Center use and works with vendors to provide vendor training and workshops.
- Keeps current with best practices for instructional and student support for adult education students. Assists Student Support Manager and the Adult Basic Education and ESL Division as needed with special events ( HSE graduation, student success fairs, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Education, Linguistics, TESOL, or related field?
- * Do you have two (2) years' minimum experience working with/and or teaching adult learners?
- * Are you proficient with Microsoft Office Suite?
- * Do you have a Master's Degree or higher in Education, Linguistics, TESOL, or related field?
- * Do you have experience with Peoplesoft and DAISI?
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2