Please Note: Napa Valley College accepts applications for part-time, hourly faculty pools on a continuous basis. This allows the division to contact qualified applicants immediately, if a need arises without having to wait for a period of time to advertise. If there is an interest and/or need within the specific department, applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be contacted by respective department supervisors, deans and/or division chairs. Applications submitted will remain active for up to two years.
Napa Valley College is soliciting applications for part-time, hourly English as a Second Languageinstructors. The starting salary range is $61.16-$66.15/classroom hour,with future steps up to $77.38/classroom hour. Placement is based on verified previous college teaching or counseling experience.
Master's in TESL, TESOL, applied linguistics with a TESL emphasis, linguistics with a TESL emphasis, English with a TESL emphasis, or education with a TESL emphasis
Bachelor's in TESL, TESOL, English with a TESL certificate, linguistics with a TESL certificate, applied linguistics with a TESL certificate, or any foreign language with a TESL certificate
Master's in linguistics, applied linguistics, English, composition, bilingual/bicultural studies, reading, speech, or any foreign language
A. Applicants must complete the online application through GovernmentJobs.com. All elements of the application must be submitted in order for the application to be considered complete.
B. Applicants must attach the following to complete the application process:
- Current comprehensive resume
- OPTIONAL: Request for Equivalency Review form, if applicable (ONLYfor applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency).
- Legible copies of transcripts verifying college work, degrees, and conferral dates.
- NOTE:Unofficial copies of transcripts accepted at time of application, however, official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.
- Please removeSSN or DOB if visible on transcripts.
- Foreign Transcripts: Napa Valley College requires that individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement, even if the foreign transcript has previously been accepted by a different college or university in the United States. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the State of California, Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Please click here for a list of approved organizations.
It is important that your application reflect all of your relevant education and experience, including academic and non-academic employment history. Please note that your resume does not take the place of completing the "Work Experience" section of the application. Applications willbe rejected if no work experience is listed, or if other required application fields are missing or incomplete.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all required application materials are completed and properly uploaded into the system. Only complete applications will be forwarded to the division chair/dean for further review. An application is only considered complete if all items above are uploaded.
Please do not submit material not requested. Application materials submitted become the property of Napa Valley College and the Office of Human Resources, Training & Development cannot copy, return, or transfer materials to other positions. Any expenses incurred in connection with the initial interview will be the responsibility of the candidate.
The District will not accept materials by e-mail, fax, or mail.
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS: If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Office of Human Resources, Training & Development.
Napa Valley College, an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, maintains a drug-free workplace and requires that employees abide by that policy.
For more information, contact the Office of Human Resources, Training & Development:
For technical support, contact NEOGOV at (855) 524-5627.