The position runs for two years and hiring is contingent on admittance into Ohio Dominican's graduate program. Ohio Dominican is an NCAA Division II institution and a member of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference, offering 16 intercollegiate sports.Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as primary contact for men's and women's cross country, men's and women's soccer, men's basketball, softball and men's and women's golf, and men's and women's track & field teams.
- Assists with other sports as assigned.
- Assists with website management, including but not limited to updating schedules, rosters and stats
- Assists in game day operations for all sports, including oversight of student workers.
- Assists with managing social media accounts
- Assists with creating graphics to promote student-athletes and programs
- Assists with marketing and promotional efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Candidate must be accepted into one of the following ODU Graduate Programs: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Education (Med), Master of English (MA), Master of Exercise Science (MS), Master of Medical Practice Management (MS), Master of Sport Management (MS), Master of Theology (MA), Master of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
- Qualified candidate must show demonstrated coaching success, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a college student-athlete preferred or minimum of 2-years coaching experience.
- Tuition grant covers the cost of 18 credit hours (usually 6 courses) per academic year.
- $5,000 yearly stipend.
- Develop written and oral communication skills through correspondences with coaches, players and faculty/staff members.
- Will develop leadership and management skills needed to aid coaches and players on and off the field.
- Will gain logistical experience while assisting in scheduling, operational and management opportunities.
- Will identify and apply appropriate ethical practices in decision making in accordance with Ohio Dominican, GLIAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Gain hands on experience that will help prepare them for the post graduate life.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. It is, instead, a description of the essential elements of the position.Ohio Dominican University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, as we respect and seek to empower each individual and support the various cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. Job Posted by ApplicantPro