PLEASE APPLY HERE!
Elementary School - English Language Learner Teacher - Drummond Elementary School - 2024-2025
Under the general supervision of the school principal, facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe, and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Develops and administers curriculum consistent with school district goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized learning and small group instruction.
- Develops lesson plans and utilizes instructional materials that result in high quality learning experiences that maximize instructional time.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and modifies instructional methods based on individual student needs.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge of developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops, professional development, department/district meetings, and/or by conducting research.
- Keeps accurate and complete records regarding achievement, and attendance as required by the district/building procedures/policies.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and effective communication with students and their parents/guardians.
- Ensures that student behavior conforms to the school/district policies and establishes/maintains standards of student conduct needed to achieve an effective learning environment.
- Coordinates with other staff members, participates in faculty meetings, and attends professional development.
- Selects and utilizes appropriate learning materials/instructional tools consistent with district curriculum.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by the principal(s).
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current English language development teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based on student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Ability to use learning software applications as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents/guardians.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Fluency in a language other than English is preferred.
- Missouri English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) K-12 Certification
- Bachelors or masters degree from an accredited college or university.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position open until filled
PSD Brochure: https://www.flipsnack.com/psdr3/psd-brochure-21-22.html
Candidates that have signed a contract for the 2024-25 school year need to check with their district prior to applying to ensure they can be released from their contract if they are recommended for the position.