To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Planning and Preparation
- Demonstrate knowledge of content and pedagogy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of child growth and development, especially of characteristics of students/children in the age group assigned.
- Set appropriate instructional goals.
- Design coherent instruction based on district learning targets, the primary function of this position and student data.
- Design formative and summative assessments that measure student performance based on established learning targets.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding and knowledge of current technology that is incorporated as a natural instructional tool, in constant use.
- Assure that the students always have the appropriate supplies available to perform the tasks required in the various modules.
- Create an environment of respect and rapport.
- Establish a culture for learning.
- Manage classroom procedures.
- Manage student behavior.
- Organize the physical environment to promote learning.
- Implement instruction planned in accordance with Section 1.
- Communicate with students.
- Use appropriate questioning and discussion techniques.
- Engage students in learning.
- Use assessment information to drive instructional decision making.
- Demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness.
- Reflect on teaching.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Communicate with families.
- Participate in a professional learning community.
- Grow and develop professionally.
- Demonstrate professionalism in behavior and dress.
- Attend meetings, serve on committees, and perform such other duties and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Principal or his/her designee in accordance with the labor agreement and the Board of Education.
- Have regular attendance and infrequent absences.
- Professional Educator License
- License Endorsement in one of the following at the appropriate grade level :
- Bilingual with appropriate language designation (Spanish)
- Successfully completed student teaching within the last three years.
- Minimum three years of successful teaching experience preferred.
- Pre-employment medical examination
- Pass a Regional Office of Education Fingerprint/Background Clearance including Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Regionally Competitive. Salary and benefits are outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
How to Apply
Please submit a current resume, letter of interest, ELIS credentials, copies of transcripts and (3) letters of recommendation to Irene Las, Administrative Assistant, Rockdale SD 84 at email@example.com.
Report Card Link
District Report Card
Job Posting Date