The bilingual teacher collaborates with the general education teacher to provide engaging and differentiated instruction in the target language that is aligned to the curriculum the learning standards, and modified to meet the needs and abilities of the students. The bilingual teacher may need to provide instructional support within a co-teaching and/or push-in setting. The bilingual teacher establishes a culture for learning within the classroom, ensuring that students grow academically, socially, and emotionally. The bilingual teacher maintains regular communication with parent(s)/guardian(s) with regard to the instructional program and student progress
- Current and valid Illinois Professional Educator License with bilingual (BSPA) endorsement in grades 5-8 or grades pre-k-12; or
- Candidates with an ESL endorsement (grades 5-8 or K-12) and those who have passed the state TLP Spanish test and have obtained an ELS (TBE) license will also be considered;
- Foundational knowledge of distance learning structures and of Google Suite applications;
- Individual must be flexible, creative and child centered;
- Ability to assess the learning of students and modify or enhance instruction as needed;
- Ability to analyze various forms of data and use the information to make instructional decisions;
- Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using standards-based varied teaching methods to address student learning styles;
- Strong knowledge of the WIDA and Common Core State Standards, and instructional best practices in language, literacy, and mathematics;
- Candidate must be able to speak, read, and write Spanish fluently.
Salary and Benefits:
- Starting salary of $43,857; (Please click the link to view the current Salary Schedule);
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience and includes a competitive benefits package;
- Employee assistance program offered to employees and their immediate family members;
- Qualified candidates may be granted up to eight years of verified full-time public school teaching experience for credit on the salary schedule;
- We offer a mentoring program for teachers who are new to the District.
- 180 days per year - August through May/June.
How to Apply
Link to District/Third Party Online Application Web Page
Report Card Link
District Report Card
Job Posting Date