Knowledge of the characteristics of student's learning process, curriculum and instruction, classroom management skills and familiarity with the Common Core Standards. Knowledge of methods, assessment tools and materials for teaching ESL is required. Must be willing to fulfill the Duties and Responsibilities as detailed below. Prior experience preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of best practices for content instruction as related to English Language Learners.
- Instruct students using research-based strategies of developmental language and curriculum acquisition to maximize opportunities for both content and language learning.
- Collaborate and co-plan with colleagues to design instruction that is aligned with the principles of dual language instruction.
- Must have an awareness of the special needs of students and the ability to work well with them and their parents.
- May conduct workshops for teachers, order materials, equipment, and textbooks for students.
- Communicate with Spanish-speaking, Arabic-speaking and English-speaking parents.
- Prepare a time schedule for all assigned classes.
- Implement a planned instructional program to address student learning in the assigned classroom(s).
- Initiate conferences with parents, staff, principals, and Curriculum/Assessment Coordinator as needed.
- Prepare and leave in the classroom lesson plans for several days work for normal instruction and for a substitute in the event the teacher is absent.
- Provide supervision and enforce classroom and building management plans as incorporated in the District Discipline Code.
- Assist the classroom teacher in conducting parent conferences regarding student progress and serve as a translator when needed.
- Assume reasonable duties as directed by the Building Principal and/or District Administration.
- Maintain records for Data Teams and be involved in Professional Learning Communities (PLC).
Applicant must have a B.S. Degree in Elementary Education and a valid Professional Educator License. Applicant is required to have ESL clinical experience equal to 100 clock hours or three months teacher experience with ESL students. Must have ESL and/or Bilingual Endorsements or ENL certification. Communicative competence in English, Spanish and/or Arabic is required.
As per Salary Schedule Placement
How to Apply
Only Online Applications will be accepted and are available on our website: www.ces95.org/employment
Link to District/Third Party Online Application Web Page
Report Card Link
District Report Card
Job Posting Date