The following vacancy exists in Goshen Community Schools for the 2023-24 school year:
Goshen Intermediate School
5th Grade English Dual Language Immersion Teacher
POSITION PURPOSE: The Dual Language Immersion Teacher will teach English or Spanish literacy skills and identified content subjects to elementary students in the Dual Language Two-Way Immersion program. The Dual Language Immersion Teacher will use the language and the 50/50 Foreign Language Dual Immersion Model to facilitate active learning experiences fluently in English or Spanish. The teacher will work in collaboration with an English/Spanish-speaking teacher to provide instruction to students.
- Instructs students in subject matter, utilizing strong pedagogical skills.
- Prepares teaching outline for course of study, assigns lessons, and provides feedback to students.
- Administers tests to evaluate students' progress, records results, and issues reports to inform parents of progress.
- Maintains discipline in classroom and in other school's activities.
- Uses curriculum maps, and other district resources to prepare lessons, considering factors, such as individual needs, abilities, learning levels, learning styles, and physical limitations of students.
- Discusses student's academic and behavior problems with parents and administrators and suggests remedial action.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, professional development experiences, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Maintains attendance and grade records.
- Supervises students in hallways, cafeteria, and other areas of the building.
- Effectively collaborates with teaching colleagues and administrators on best practices in teaching and learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Provides learning experiences and teach lessons to meet objectives by following the approved Goshen Community Schools curriculum map, and the 50/50 Dual Language Immersion Model.
- Spanish teacher teaches students subjects exclusively using the English language for the purpose of creating fluency in Spanish.
- Teaches basic elementary subjects in a dual language setting.
- Engages and immerse students in the English language, literature, and culture, while teaching assigned core subjects.
- Plans lessons using curriculum, instructional calendars, and Indiana State Standards
- Plans lessons focusing on the rigor of the grade level curriculum while meeting students at their instructional level
- Plans lessons that are easily identifiable, focused, and clear; reinforce lessons with additional instruction, learning activities, and appropriate assessment
- Adjusts and plans lessons based on differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students
- Makes modifications in lessons based on knowledge of the goals for each student's disability as outline in his/her IEP and or 504 plan
- Utilizes classroom and corporation materials, resources and technology that enhance instruction
- Uses assessment data to plan lessons and drive instruction
- Creates a classroom environment that supports instruction
- Maintains an organized classroom to manage the classroom effectively and to provide a safe and secure learning environment for all students
- Is a positive role model for all students
- Maintains a positive disciplinary plan for all students
- Develops a repertoire of teaching strategies to reach all learners
- Participates in Corporation and Building based Professional Development
- Communicates with parents in a clear, effective, and timely manner
- Communicates and work collaboratively and professionally with colleagues
- Keeps student, parent, and family information confidential
- Maintains accurate records regarding student information, grades, report cards, test data, IEP's and attendance as required by the principal
- Serves on committees as assigned by the building principal
- Adheres to School Board policies, Corporation policies and procedures, and building guidelines
- Performs other tasks and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the building principal and district administrators
REQUIREMENTS: Valid Indiana Teacher's License in the appropriate subject area and/or grade level(s)
- Spanish Teacher- A score of Advanced-Mid on the OPIc Assessment for Spanish fluency OR K-12 World Language/Bilingual Certificate
- Spanish Teacher- TESOL or ESL License-Preferred
- Effective or highly effective teacher
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient technology skills
- Ability to work independently and with colleagues
- Self-driven and motivated
- High energy - committed to teaching in collaboration with others
- Can motivate students
- Strong problem solver
- Skilled at communicating with staff, students, and parents
- Can model thinking and problem-solving skills to students
- Believes all students can learn
- Understands the use of data in reaching and communicating goals
- Fosters positive, validating relationships within the school community
WORK CALENDAR: School year - 184 days per year; 40 hours per week
SALARY: Teaching Contract - 184 days
APPLICATION PROCESS: In order to be considered, all applicants must have completed their on-line application at https://goshenschools.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
CURRENT GCS EMPLOYEES CLICK HERE
Please attach the following to your application:
- Letter of interest
- Up-to-date resume
- Reference Letter(s)
- Current Indiana Professional Educator's License
For questions regarding this position please contact:
925 S. Greene Rd.
Goshen, IN 46526
The Goshen Community School's Board of School Trustees is an equal opportunity employer. Selection of the applicant will be made without reference to race, color, creed, sex, age, handicap, or national origin.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS: Until Filled