- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process (https://pennstateoffice365.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/KnowledgeBaseArticlesSharing/EfiwgKReZ4VAjprFZPKWUm0Bq_sU3KzTmERfpryq0esPKQ) . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. (https://pennstateoffice365.sharepoint.com/:b:/s/KnowledgeBaseArticlesSharing/Eeys15Xva4hFokHVtbP1eGIB5i1WFLc-J3k9KHgrFYZ7mg) Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants (https://hr.psu.edu/sites/hr/files/Application\Process\for\External\Applications\Non-Penn\State\Employees.pdf) .
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Intensive English Communication Program (https://iecp.la.psu.edu) (IECP), which is housed under the Department of Applied Linguistics in the College of Liberal Arts and Science, invites applications for part-time Lecturer appointments.
- Part-time lecturers are needed for teaching non-credit intensive English courses in one of four levels of instruction as well as possible teaching in specialized ESP programming.
- Some course-related administrative duties are required of all appointments.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A Master's degree in TESOL or related area (e.g., TEFL, ESL, etc) is required; pursuit toward such a degree or BA-TESOL may be acceptable for some positions. Prior teaching experience in an intensive English program or an academic English preparation program is preferred.
- Appointments entail approximately 8-16 hours per week.
- Successful candidates must show an active interest in ongoing professional development and have a knowledgeable command of the English language.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through this forum and include a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV). Applications without letter or CV cannot be reviewed.
- In addition, successful candidates must either have demonstrated a commitment to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse campus community, or describe one or more ways they would envision doing so, given the opportunity.
These appointments are non-tenure, semester-based appointments with the possibility of renewal. Start and end dates may vary depending on the program and applicant fit. Review of applications is ongoing. For a more detailed description of the positions currently available, please contact Dr. Jason Litzenberg (email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org) ). Be sure to visit the IECP website at: https://iecp.la.psu.edu/
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here (https://police.psu.edu/annual-security-reports) .
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster (https://affirmativeaction.psu.edu/files/2022/01/Federal-Contractors-Labor-Law-Poster.pdf)
PA State Labor Law Poster
Affirmative Action (https://policy.psu.edu/policies/hr11)
Penn State Policies
Copyright Information (https://www.psu.edu/copyright-information)
University Park, PA