Summer Partners for Language and Learning (SPELL) provides Multilingual Learners theme-based language development experiences in the morning and enrichment activities provided by community partners in the afternoon. Preferred Qualifications:
Terms of Employment:
- ESL/ELL License and/or experience in teaching English Language Learners
- Special Education License and/or experience in teaching dually identified Multilingual Learners with disabilities
- Ability to plan and deliver theme-based, language and content integrated curriculum aligned to WIDA framework
- Ability to conduct ongoing student assessment and progress monitoring
- Ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for students.
- Bilingual/multilingual and ability to communicate with diverse students and families.
- Seasonal/Yearly Employment
- Location: Somerville High School
- Stipend: $35 per hour worked
SPELL Program Professional Development for all SPELL staff will take place in the last week on June or first week of July.Program Schedule
- July 8, 2024 - August 2, 2024
- Monday through Friday
- 8:00am - 1:00pm, 5 days per week (academic day)
MLE Director & Director for SPELL Middle/ High Schoool ProgramDisclosure:
All positions listed are subject to funding availability and student enrollment; courses may be canceled due to lack of enrollment.