Vacancy Number: S-01103 Position Title: Part-Time ESL Instructor Classification Title: Department: Global Initiatives Employment Type: Part-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach intensive English as a Second Language courses at any of the five proficiency levels assigned (Beginner- Advanced courses).
- Develop lesson plans to meet the content objectives and student needs of your assigned level.
- Create meaningful and engaging student-centric learning activities in engaging environments that maximize the students' educational experience.
- Create relevant and topical syllabi aligned with the scope and sequence of the ESL curriculum.
- Evaluate and assess student progress and performance through testing on a regular basis to determine their weaknesses and strengths.
- Advise students concerning their weaknesses and strengths when needed.
- Keep accurate administrative records: payroll, assessment, and attendance, etc.
- Introduce cultural aspects to ESL students, especially those who are new to an English-speaking country.
- Attend teachers' meetings and in-service training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interpersonal/communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Computer skills (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Organizational and administrative skills (i.e., lesson planning, grading, etc.)
- Time-management (meeting deadlines, lesson pacing)
- An undergraduate degree or higher, or demonstrated equivalent qualification(s)
- A TEFL/TESOL qualification from a recognized institution
- Substantial relevant teaching experience, the majority which must relate to adult students (16 years and over)
Job Open Date: 12/05/2023 This posting will remain open until closed: Yes Job Close Date: Salary Band: Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama's vibrant state capital, Auburn University at Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don't just take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We are committed to build and sustain an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. Prospective candidates will help further the institutional goals of promoting equity, diversity, and inclusivity.
Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/6516 Position Profile Link
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet