EAL Teaching Assistant - North Manchester
Prospero Teaching are looking for an experienced EAL Teaching Assistant in a popular Secondary School in North Manchester. This position is to start ASAP and will be ongoing for the whole of the academic year.
This position will be ideal for a recent graduate or for someone with teaching assistant experience who is looking to gain more experience in a classroom environment before embarking on a PGCE in September 2024 or 25. You will be working with small groups of students to provide intervention support and help within the classroom. As a teaching assistant you will help the teacher maintain a calm and consistent learning environment.
Graduates in any curriculum subject will be considered, however, the school are especially interested in graduates of core subjects: English, Maths and Science. Teaching assistants with L2 or L3 will be favoured as well. This role would also be ideal for some with experience with ESL teaching methods.
The school has been recently inspected and has continued its remarkable rating of good, which it has held for many years. The school strives for all pupils, which is shown in their strong investment in intervention and the help you will provide. The students you will help have a warm relationship with the staff and see the school as a safe and nurturing place. Leaders are forward thinking in terms of behaviour and are quick to respond.
- Location - North Manchester
- Position - EAL Teaching Assistant
- Start date - ASAP
- Contract type - temporary/ full time
- Minimum rate of pay - £80 per day
Experience, Training and qualifications:
- Secondary School experience or evidence of working with children
- Experience of helping EAL students
- TEFOL Qualification
- GCSE English and Maths grade 'C' or '4' & above
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (essential, however training can be provided)
- Up to date Prevent training issued in the last 3 years (essential, however, training can be provided)
- Up to date behaviour management & FGM training (essential, however training can be provided)
To be eligible you must have/be:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application.
- Provide a minimum of two references covering the last 2 years.
- If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up-to-date CV. (including history from Secondary School onward)
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prosper