The educational institution is currently seeking a passionate and dynamic Teacher of English as an Additional Language (EAL) to join their team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in fostering a supportive learning environment for approximately 85 pupils from overseas, aged 11 to 19, representing about 20 different countries.
* The selected candidate is expected to demonstrate a clear understanding of linguistic requirements in the secondary school curriculum.
* They will be responsible for adapting teaching methods to meet the diverse linguistic needs and learning requirements of pupils.
* The candidate is expected to deliver engaging and effective lessons to support students in examination courses such as IGCSE ESL, IELTS, and Cambridge English Qualifications B1 to C1.
* Essential qualifications in English as an Additional Language or a related field are a prerequisite.
* The ideal candidate should possess proven experience in teaching examination courses, particularly IGCSE ESL, IELTS, and Cambridge English Qualifications B1 to C1.
* They must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with the EAL Department to provide teaching and support for pupils, with 70% of students currently benefiting from these services.
* A commitment to actively contributing to the vibrant co-curricular life of the College is essential.
About the Institution:
Located in rural East Hertfordshire, the institution, known as England's oldest Catholic school, provides a comprehensive co-education for pupils aged 3 to 18. Families from all faiths and backgrounds are welcomed, fostering a diverse and inclusive community.
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity? If so, please either apply below or contact Teach-Now directly. All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. For teacher roles, we require a formally recognised teaching qualification. If you are not contacted within 2 working days, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful for this role. However, we will keep your CV and continue to help you in your search for a job within education. Good luck with your application, we look forward to hearing from you.
Teach Now operates stringent safer recruitment procedures.
We are committed to promoting equality and challenging discrimination. Teach Now is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Clearance