The English Language Institute at Binghamton University invites applications for one full-time lecturer appointment with an expected start date of fall 2024. The successful candidate will teach the equivalent of 12 credit hours as well as administer an outreach program each semester. The contract period will be for three years with the possibility of renewal. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate EML students, candidates will be asked to provide service to the department in the areas of English language assessment, teacher training, administration of tutoring/mentoring programs and campus outreach.
The English Language Institute (ELI) at SUNY Binghamton University is an academic support program offering English for Academic Purposes courses to support both undergraduate and graduate matriculated multilingual students. The ELI responds to the linguistic and scholarly needs of the international students, offering university-wide general education courses, and aiding faculty and staff in working effectively with our multilingual population. The Department also has several peer-centered outreach programs to provide students increased access to developing fluency as well as a tutoring center and mentoring program. More information about the ELI can be found at our website: https://www.binghamton.edu/institutes/english-language
- Master's degree in TESOL or closely related field, such as (but not limited to) Applied Linguistics
- Two or more years teaching university-level academic English courses
- Excellent communication and teaching skills
- One year overseas experience
- Able to articulate global and cross-cultural perspectives
- Experience teaching both undergraduate and graduate students
- Experience working with ESL tutors
- Experience with various standardized English Language Assessment tests
- Administrative experience
- Competence in a foreign language
Apply online at: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=172137
Please submit a cover letter, resume, teaching philosophy, and the names, emails and telephone numbers of three professional references. Note that visa sponsorship is unavailable.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until vacancy is filled.
Finalists may be asked to submit a teaching video as well as a collected sample of teaching materials.
The State University of New York and Binghamton University are Affirmative Action/EEO employers.