The mission of the International Institute of New England (IINE) is to create opportunities for refugees and immigrants to succeed through resettlement, education, career advancement and pathways to citizenship. One of the oldest and largest human services organizations for New Americans in the region, IINE serves more than 4,000 people each year in Boston and Lowell, Massachusetts, and Manchester, New Hampshire. Our programs include case management, youth and family services, English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), employment and skills training, and immigration legal services.
A dynamic, forward-looking, and rapidly growing non-profit organization, we seek well-qualified, solutions-focused candidates who are experts in their respective fields. Successful candidates will join a committed team of professional staff and volunteers who are devoted to welcoming and serving new Americans.
The LNA/ESL Instructor will provide integrated English language instruction for adult learners as part of IINEs LNA 4 Success skills training program designed to prepare immigrants and refugees for careers as Licensed Nursing Assistants. They will recruit and assess potential students; plan lessons and update learning materials; and instruct an integrated ESL and softs skills course. In addition to classroom instruction, the LNA/ESL Instructor will provide outreach presentations for LNA 4 Success recruitment.
Position: LNA/ESOL Instructor
- Department: Education
- Reports to: Education Services Manager
- Supervises: N/A
- Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
- Location: Manchester, NH
- Position Format: Hybrid
- Pay: $24/hour
Full-time employees will be eligible for all benefits including Personal Time Off (PTO), sick days, and twelve paid holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that IINE establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, IINE offers medical, dental and vision. Company-paid life insurance, company-paid short-term disability (STD), long term disability (LTD), accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 403(b) with company match plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 403(b)-plan document. Other perks such as discounts through our vision plan, fitness reimbursement and more.
- Support logistics planning and curriculum development for an integrated ESL/Licensed Nursing Assistant training course
- Recruit LNA training participants through presentations at career centers, community-based organizations, and training vendor fairs
- Assess applicants eligibility for training programs by verifying work authorization documents, conducting interviews, and administering/scoring written and oral English tests.
- Teach integrated ESL and soft skills classes and evaluate student progress.
- Support the development and revision of curricula for training programs; adapt lesson plans, and assess lesson plan success.
- Provide individualized job readiness skills for clients upon their completion of training program courses. Represent the organization at meetings, conferences and events.
- Contribute to program data collection following contractual guidelines.
- Participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate throughout the year.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Perform all other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Certification and previous experience administering standardized tests such as BEST Literacy and TABE Clas E, and TABE 11/12.
- Compassionate and patient personality who is committed to ensuring the highest quality programming and student satisfaction.
- Strong writing and computer/database skills with demonstrated experience preparing reports.
- Ability to successfully prioritize and execute work responsibilities. Ability to work independently as well as with colleagues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and data management software platforms.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information about clients or staff.
- Multilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required to represent agency at events, etc.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Healthcare, Education, or related field; Masters Degree in Education and/or TESOL preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of adult teaching or related work experience preferred, preferably with immigrant populations.
- Previous experience in or exposure to healthcare sector strongly preferred.
Work Environment Conditions
- Requires occasional night work.
- Exposure to bright, overhead office lighting, use of office technology such as laptops, printers, mail machines, and other in-office equipment.
- Frequent interactions with students and colleagues.
- Occasional lifting, pushing, and pulling materials (boxes, equipment) of 50 pounds or more.
- Continuous sitting (or standing) at a desk for long periods of time.
- Occasional driving to and from IINE offices as needed.
- Frequent bending, reaching overhead, and reaching at or below shoulder level required.
IINE does not require applicants for most positions to show proof of Covid-19. Some federal contracts, however, require IINE staff to show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, and some immigration status adjustments, such as a Green Card, require proof of Covid-19 vaccination as well. Consequently, for some positions, IINE staff may be required to show proof of vaccination, and in others, IINE staff will be supporting clients who are required by law to have proof of vaccination in order to adjust their status in the United States.
US Work Eligibility Notice
This position requires lawful authorization to work in the United States, and IINE is unable to provide visa sponsorship in connection with this.