Free job-searching + PD for educators. Find a school you love!
www.getselected.comPosition DescriptionSeeking an ENL Teacher
at WHIN Music Community Charter School in NYCWhy WHIN ?
WHIN Music Community Charter School is the first school of its kind! Built on the principles of El Sistema, WHIN is a place where children learn, grow, and make music together. At WHIN, we are building a nucleo , a community where staff, families, and students work together to make a powerful shift in public education that puts learners” needs first.Our Mission:
To provide our diverse student population with rigorous academic instruction, intensive music education and a positive learning environment so that every student can thrive academically and socio emotionally.We believe...
We are looking for teachers who are...
- that all children deserve a high quality education, with access to academic rigor, music creation, and a holistic approach to developing character.
- that a collaboration with families ensures the greatest success for our learners.
- that restorative justice, inquiry-based hands on learning, and authentic learning experiences provide the most effective environments for growth, success, and joy.
We support teachers by...
- looking to thrive and grow in a collaborative work environment, including in co-taught classrooms.
- excited about teaching in a school and neighborhood where diversity is central.
- highly qualified and certified in Special Education, English as a New Language, and/or Early Childhood Education.
- coaching and professional growth to deepen instructional practices.
- peer-to-peer observations, feedback, and support as well as ongoing professional development.
- having two teachers co-teaching to ensure all learners” needs are met and teachers can work collaboratively to be at their best.
In action, our mission looks like caring deeply about all aspects of our young learners” potential. We make academics a priority while also ensuring students” character and personal growth. With music at our core, students experience working together to create something bigger than their individual skills every single day, and this approach extends to our classrooms where project-based, hands on learning cultivates curious, creative, and hardworking learners.
WHIN is currently seeking high performing elementary teachers who are ready to help grow a unique school community where compassion, kindness, and curiosity drive each and every day.Specifically, English as a New Language (ENL) teachers at WHIN are responsible for:
Qualifications for the ENL Teacher positions are:
- Creating and maintaining a fun, engaging, and inclusive classroom culture where all students love to learn
- Providing integrated instruction in an inclusive classroom with all learners as well as pull out ENL services when needed
- Developing and implementing high quality lesson plans accessible to all learners needs that incorporate the WIDA Standards Framework
- Assessing students ELL status on ATS, administering home language surveys, and conducting NYSITELL and NYSESLAT assessments when needed
- Driving academic outcomes for all students by analyzing data, differentiating instruction, and supporting each learner”s unique needs
- Collaborating with colleagues to implement an effective integrated co-teaching model to serve all students in an inclusive classroom
- Supporting colleagues in their understanding and work with ENL students
- Inspiring students and fellow staff to perform at his or her highest potential
- Developing and maintaining strong and professional relationships with WHIN families
Advanced proficiency in one or more of the following areas is strongly preferred
- NYS or equivalent ELL, TESOL, or ESL Teaching Certification
- Bilingual (Fluent in Spanish and English minimum)
- Urban elementary teaching experience
- Experience teaching 3rd Grade
- Demonstrated success raising achievement levels of all students
- An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at a high level
- Proven commitment and success working with students and families
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic, and exciting school
- A sense of humor and kindness towards your colleagues
Compensation and Benefits:
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Music performance
- Early Childhood teaching experience and/or certifications
- Project Based Learning and Inquiry Based Learning
- Responsive Classroom, Love & Logic Student Management, and Restorative Justice models
WHIN Music Community Charter School offers a competitive salary and benefits, fun and professional working environment, as well as ongoing development opportunities.EEO Policy:
WHIN Music Community Charter School is an equal rights and opportunity agency and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, ancestry, marital status, or any other legally protected classification in its activities, educational programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, IX, and Section 504.NOTE ABOUT SELECTED
- Selected is a candidate sourcing and hiring platform for PK-12 teaching, leadership and support candidates. When you apply to this position, an account on Selected (https://getselected.com) will be created on your behalf.INTERESTED IN OTHER TEACHING OPPORTUNITIES IN YOUR AREA?
GetSelected.com is a free teacher support and hiring platform with over 1,600 hiring schools (public and private, PK-12) and families across the US. Create a complimentary account to learn about and connect with our schools that match your search preferences. Access our library of educator resources to help you thrive in your position. We accept applications on a rolling basis and encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible to avoid missing opportunities at the best-fit hiring schools. Why Should You Create an Account?Candidates accepted onto our free platform will be:
- Marketed to hiring schools matching your position-search preferences (names, resumes, and contact information shared only with schools you actively choose to connect with)
- Fast-tracked as pre-screened, priority candidates with a recommendation to hiring managers as a pre-screened, Selected-approved candidate
- Approved to access our full library of educator resources (blog, course modules, webinars, and more) on everything from acing the teacher interview to classroom management
- Provided with 1:1 candidate search support to turn to for interview prep and professional development opportunities
- Given the option to job-search in private-mode
Powered by JazzHR