Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Supervises the front business office and compliance functions at a Prisma Health Equipped Life-DME location. Oversees the implementation of operational, organizational, and compliance policies and procedures for the department. Supervises and coordinates front office support staff activities and responsibilities, and is responsible for oversight of accounts receivable.
- Coordinates and educates clinicians and staff regarding current CMS policies in reference to HCPCS, LCD's, and documentation requirements specific to Durable Medical Equipment. 10%
- Oversees the creation, implementation, and maintenance of accurate and complete policies and procedures for regulatory accreditation, CMS compliance, regulatory government compliance and all regulatory compliance specific to Equipped for Life- DME, and in accordance with all Prisma Health policies and procedures. 10%
- Oversees the system of internal controls at all office locations to ensure proper handling of cash receipts, including billing system data entry and bank deposits. 10%
- Reports timely key statistics to management for compliance, sales, revenue, cash and patient flow. 10%
- Oversees the maintenance of accurate and complete patient files, ensuring that they are in compliance with the Prisma Health policies, HIPAA guidelines, regulatory requirements, governmental requirements, and any other pertinent regulatory organization requirements. 10%
- Oversees front office staff at respective location regarding collection of accurate insurance information, verification and authorization. Ensure that claims are accurate, timely and fully documented; this may involve coordinating communications with payers to ensure accurate billing practices, enhance reimbursement opportunities, achieve cash collections targets and reduce outstanding accounts receivable. 20%
- Interviews, hires, orients, trains, educates, assigns work to, evaluates the performance of and when necessary recommends discipline and discharge from work of assigned personnel. 10%
- Serves as timekeeper for all front office representative personnel and others assigned by the Manager, and oversees that AP invoices are coded correctly and timely. 10%
- Maintains front office representative employee work schedules for all locations to ensure adequate staffing at all times. Processes PTO requests for front office representatives at all locations. 10%
Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of team members that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff at Prisma Health or affiliate and will have direct reports.
High school diploma or GED.
2 years of experience in healthcare intake, billing, regulatory compliance, accounts receivable and/or insurance claims. Experience in DME preferred.
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Proficient computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, database)
Day (United States of America)
Equipped For Life
4003 Equipped For Life
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.