Requisition ID: req47836
Job Title: Enrollment and Data Specialist
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: USD 20.20 - 22.50 Hourly
Location: Atlanta, GA USA
Job Overview:The Adult Education Enrollment & Data Specialist is responsible for new student recruitment and enrollment for both in-person and online Adult Education classes. At registration, new students complete required forms, receive an orientation to the program, develop a Student Education Plan (SEP) and as appropriate, are oriented to online class meeting platforms. The Specialist will support the data collection and tracking of student registration information, attendance, qualitative and quantitative data on progress, and pre- and post- assessment information. This is a full-time non-exempt 37.5 hour per week position, reporting to the Adult Education Manager. New student orientation and registration occurs weekly and is rolling throughout the year.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Orient and conference with incoming students.
- Assisting students in the completion of necessary intake and enrollment forms, both in-person and virtually.
- Orient new students to online platforms, communication tools, and technology.
- Support development of Student Education Plans that include language learning, academic, career, and integration goals.
- Administer English language pre- and post-assessments to measure and track student progress and gains.
- Coordinate Adult Education program data collection and tracking.
- Document student progress by keeping accurate and timely attendance records, case notes, assessment data, program participant surveys, and observations of student progress following IRC and funder tracking requirements and utilization of local and online databases.
- Compile online platform participation reports, paper timesheets, and paper assessment information into standardized program attendance tracking in local spreadsheets and within online databases.
- Maintain and manage student physical and digital files.
- Develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly processes to ensure accurate and timely record keeping.
- Facilitate student learning activities that build cultural and community knowledge and encourage collaboration and positive peer support.
- Maintain open and effective communication with adult education team members. Report regularly on program goals, client attendance, learning activities, student progress and any problems or concerns with clients or program.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education:Bachelor's degree required. Completion of a certificate program in Adult Education, TEFL, TESL, and/or TESOL is preferred.
- Relevant professional experience in education and/or human services strongly preferred.
- Experience working with immigrants or refugees preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Strong desire to support vulnerable individuals and families and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Enthusiasm for adult education and language learning.
- Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- An interest in immigrant and refugee and asylee issues and the resettlement process.
- Strong communication abilities, including the ability to lead classes and oversee community volunteers and adult learners.
- Comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment, in-person, online, and over the phone, with adult learners, sometimes with little or no English proficiency.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, co-teaching and facilitating learning through others.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written; proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
- Valid driver's license and access to a personal, insured vehicle.
- Standard office work with in-person delivery of orientations, meetings, and class sessions.
- Work schedule to support daytime and afternoon ESOL classes.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: The IRC offers a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. All US employees are eligible for sick time, a 403b retirement savings plans: up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus an 3-7% additional IRC contribution, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
In addition, full-time employees are eligible for 10 US paid holidays, 20-25 paid time off days, disability & life insurance, medical, dental, and vision insurance (employee contribution starting at $135, $7, and $5 per month respectively) and FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs. Part-time employees are eligible for a proportionate amount of paid time off. These additional benefits apply to employees who work at least 6 months within a 12 month time period.