Part-Time Teacher Temp
Teach English with Kaplan International Central Park!
If you're interested in teaching English to international students this summer, look no further than a position with Kaplan Central Park! With a flexible schedule, you could teach 15 to 30 hours per week, starting as soon as the end of April.
Though we do prefer you have either a certificate in teaching (CELTA, TEFL, etc.), or a year of experience, don't hesitate to apply even if you have neither! We'll help you get your TEFL certificate as a part of your hiring and training process. All you need to be considered for a position is a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent).
While we offer competitive pay (a starting teaching rate of $21.00-$25.00 per hour, depending on experience, as well as paying for all prep and admin work completed), we are also offering a special one-time sign-on bonus of $500 (paid after a specified period of teaching).
For additional information:
The KI Part-Time Teacher in New York is responsible for teaching classes within the guidelines of the established KI curriculum. They are also responsible for several administrative responsibilities outside of the classroom. Instructors should help international students achieve their academic goals through English language instruction and/or preparation for standardized tests while also maximizing student satisfaction with KI classes.
While the world is looking for heroes to save the world, we're looking to hire them. Kaplan is developing the world's future leaders to perfect the communication skills they'll need to expand world trade, facilitate treaties and bring about peace and prosperity to millions, perhaps billions. Do we sound ambitious? Does it sound like we want to make a difference? Do you see yourself as someone destined to do great things? Our heroes teach, our stars inspire, our saviors reduce barriers between cultures and languages. Apart from the current vacancies we have listed on our careers page we are also looking to gather some resumes for future opportunities across all of our locations (7 US schools, 2 Canadian schools and Cambridge, MA HQ)
Key Job Responsibilities
- Teach any level of classes using the KI curriculum as assigned by the Academic Director.
- Maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning which maximizes student satisfaction.
- Effectively counsel and advise students regarding their academic performance and goals.
- Accept and incorporate feedback on classroom performance given by the Academic Director to ensure consistent improvement in teaching quality.
- Prepare lesson plans according to established syllabus and submit to the Academic Director upon request.
- Accurately record attendance and submit rosters to the Academic Director as directed within required deadlines.
- Accurately record student performance and submit Individual Student Reports (ISRs) to the Academic Director as directed within required deadlines.
- Attend instructor's meetings and in-house workshops to consistently improve teaching skills.
- Work to incorporate new teaching technology (e.g. Smartboards) into lessons in order to offer a dynamic, engaging, and enjoyable student experience.
- Effectively communicate with school administrative staff regarding planned and unplanned absences; provide clear instructions, complete lesson plans, and materials for substitutes.
- Become familiar with and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Complete other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent)
- Superior skills in creating a dynamic, interactive classroom experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- TESOL, CELTA, TEFL certificate (including practicum) or 12 months of ESL/EFL teaching experience
- Experience with industry, international students and/ or 2+ years international teaching experience
- One or more foreign language ability
- Lifting up to 20+ pounds
- Visual Acuity
In compliance with New York City guidelines regarding pay transparency, our pay scales for, from teachers with no experience, to well qualified and experienced candidates:
- $23.27 Avg
- $21.00 Min
- $26.12 Max
Kaplan is one of the world's largest and most diverse education providers. Founded more than 80 years ago in the US by Stanley Kaplan to expand access to education, Kaplan now has operations in 28 countries and offers education and training to more than one million students worldwide.
Manhattan, NY, USA
Job Functional Area
Kaplan lnternational is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. If you require any adjustments or additional support within the recruitment process, please contact us directly. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or $31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible.
Kaplan International Languages requires that all new hires have proof of COVID -19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons are available on case by case basis.