Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! We are proud to have received the Great Colleges to Work For honor for 12 consecutive years, 2009-2020.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Position Title ABE/ESL Grant Program Registration/Testing Assistants FLSA Exempt FT/PT Part Time Hours Per Week 5 hours per week. Additional hours during peak periods. Work Schedule Flexible schedule during business hours (8:30 - 5:00 pm) with evenings and Saturdays required during peak enrollment periods. Position Salary Range $15 per hour General Responsibilities
Support the Adult Basic Education (ABE) and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs in enrolling and placing students in classes. Assist during large scale registration events by managing placement testing labs. Aid in entering placement test and student data into program databases.
- Administer computerized placement tests during ESL/ABE registration sessions including preparing computers, instructing students, and accurately recording test results.
- Enter student demographic and testing data into program databases.
- Other duties as assigned by the ABE/ESL registration and enrollment teams.
Minimum Education Required Minimum Number of Years Experience Required Other Knowledge Required
- High school diploma and either some college coursework or equivalent experience required;
- Fluency in English required;
- Strong computer and productivity software (word processor, spreadsheet) skills required;
- Comfortable giving instructions to students individually or in groups;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Experience or desire to work in a multicultural environment; and,
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
This job is on-site works with hundreds of students during the typical enrollment period.
Division Workforce, Career, and Community Education (Div) Department Continuing Education