The Dearborn Academy, a Pre K-8 Charter School located at 1930 Ford Rd. Dearborn, MI 48128, is seeking ESL Teachers. The Dearborn Academy's mission is to serve a multicultural community through individualized, focused instruction allowing each student to achieve academic excellence and exhibit social responsibility.
Teachers of English as a second language work with children whose first language is not English, and who live (or are seeking to live) on a long-term or permanent basis in the USA. They help students develop linguistic and cultural competence to participate fully in academic, work and cultural environments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons and workshops for groups and individuals.
- Design and produce teaching materials and adapt existing materials.
- Plan behavior management strategies for entire class and for individual students under his/her tutelage.
- Assess individual students with ELPA, or other appropriate assessment.
- Prepare appropriate documentation and reports.
- Implement the assigned program of study.
- Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Utilize instructional and classroom management systems that increase student learning and maximize time on task.
- Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals.
- Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience: Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master's Degree from an accredited college or university
- NS (ESL) Endorsement
- Elementary/ Middle Level Teacher Certification
- Two years of teaching experience
- Experience with elementary/middle programs dependent on area of assignment
- Must meet NCLB Highly Qualified Criteria (Major in content area, or Minor and Passed MTTC exam)
Satisfactory criminal background check and unprofessional conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation conduct check as required by School Safety Legislation
Please email resumes to email@example.com.