The Buehrle Academy is operated by Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI). SESI Schools provides specialized education programming for K-12 students who require additional educational and positive behavioral support to overcome challenges that impede success in a traditional school setting. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we're looking to hire an exceptional English Language Development Teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Why Join Us?
Are you driven by the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of students? At SESI Schools, we're proving what's possible for students with unique needs. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Competitive Salary Range: Recognizing your dedication with a competitive salary
Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits: Enjoy medical, dental, and vision coverage
Employer-Paid Life Insurance: Providing peace of mind for you and your loved ones
401(k) Plan with Employer Matching: Investing in your future
Tuition Reimbursement: Further your education with reimbursement of up to $2,625
Additional Perks: Benefit from a Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Mental Health Support, and even Pet Insurance
Continued Training and Growth Opportunities: We're committed to your professional development
The ESL Teacher will be responsible for providing academic, emotional, and physical services for students who require additional support to thrive in school. They will conduct frequent and appropriate assessments, use data to develop and implement instructional plans and collaborate with both school personnel and families to drive outcomes. Every child deserves to reach their full potential and we're looking to hire an exceptional teacher who will play an essential role in fueling student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach knowledge and skills, nurture confidence and character, and meet the needs of all students by utilizing SESI instructional models, strategies, and curriculum
- Use assessment data to modify short and long-term plans to promote all students' academic performance
- Develop and maintain skill-appropriate lesson plans
- Develop and maintain student forms and files as required by SESI Schools, local, state, and/or federal agencies
- Collaborate with staff to promote an environment of critical thinking and academic rigor
- Utilize the school's behavior support and intervention strategies
- Implement de-escalation techniques, and crisis management to maintain the safety of students and staff
- Drive, record, and track student growth and progress toward goals
- Participate in the daily functions of the school, such as morning, lunch, and afternoon supervisory duties
- Attending and documenting conferences, meetings, and training with supervisors
- Light lifting, walking, and/or climbing stairs may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning Required
- Valid English as a Second Language Certification Required
- Commitment to learning and implementing feedback
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible
Specialized Education Services, Inc. (SESI), a division of FullBloom, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.