Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence.
For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs.
Note: Current FAU employees must apply as an internal applicant by logging into their existing Workday employee account.
The Intensive English Institute at Florida Atlantic University seeks applicants who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Adjunct Instructor, Intensive English Institute (IEI) - Boca Raton, FL.
The Intensive English Institute invites applications for adjunct instructor positions. The primary role of IEI is to prepare internationals for university admissions to FAU. IEI also serves language learners who are seeking language training for other academic and professional goals. Adjunct instructor responsibilities include:
- Delivering challenging and stimulating lessons in-person; instruction is primarily in-person with hi-flex/hybrid options
- Preparing materials for assigned course(s); transforming course objectives and materials into useful learning activities for students.
- Holding regular office hours and meeting/conferencing with students as needed.
- Applying knowledge of language, culture, cross-cultural communication and language acquisition to assist learners in own language objectives.
- Affirming learners' own cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Participating in faculty meetings and other departmental meetings and activities.
- Participating in faculty professional development and implementing research in class
Explore Living in Palm Beach County:
The goal is to provide local employers and new employees in the area a comprehensive guide with places to live. View it here: www.bdb.org/apartment
- Master's degree in TESOL, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, or English
- Master's degree with 18 graduate credits in linguistics, TESOL, English, Education, language instruction, or related area
- Excellent English language proficiency
- Two years teaching ESL courses for college/university preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to use adaptive teaching styles and innovative technologies to serve the needs of diverse learners.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork
- Experience with Canvas or similar learning management systems.
- Experience teaching abroad.
Commensurate with experience
College or Department:
Intensive English Institute, Center for Global Engagement
Work Days and Hours:
Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
This position is subject to funding.
FAU's Career Page permits the attachment of required/requested documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: A maximum of five (5) documents may be attached to your application. If more than five (5) documents are required for submission, please combine additional documents into one attachment to not exceed the maximum permitted.
When completing the online application, please upload all required documentation noted here: (1) List of 3 references.
The selected candidate for this position is required to submit an official transcript sent directly from the institution for the Provost's credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost's credential file prior to the first day of employment.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check is required for the candidate selected for this position.
Individuals requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711