The Part-time Adult Education Instructor shall report to the Director of Adult Education. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Communicate effectively in writing and speaking English.
- Plan, implement, and monitor instruction for individuals and groups using a variety of instructional methods and techniques.
- Plan, implement and monitor instruction for individuals and groups via an on-line platform.
- Work in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students to create a positive classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Use a computer for word processing, instruction and communication with the college.
- Accurately complete, maintain, and submit student and class records in a timely manner.
- Attend all meetings and in-service training as needed.
- Provide suggestions for improving AE program instruction and operating procedures.
- Comply with all college, state and federal rules, regulations and laws.
- Nothing contained herein shall limit the President in assigning the employee to any of the various college activities for which he/she would be qualified in order to meet the needs of New Mexico Junior College.
- High school diploma or Equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred in education from an accredited institution of higher education in the field of specialization.
- At least 1 year of teaching experience and/or one of the following certificates or endorsements: education, ESL, TESOL, Math or Writing.
- A demonstrated competence working accurately with details and maintaining educational records.
- A demonstrated ability to work successfully within a nontraditional environment, including successful problem solving, quick thinking skills and experience with multi-level, multi-ethnic groups.
- A demonstrated competence in effective written and oral communication in English.
- A demonstrated competence using a computer for word processing and experience with educational software.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- This position is funded by a grant. Continued employment will depend on grant funding.
Submit NMJC application form via the NMJC website (www.nmjc.edu)