ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE (ESL) TEACHER
SCHOOL YEAR 2024-2025
Assignments and Locations to be determined
The Montgomery County School Board in Virginia is now accepting applications for English as a Second Language (ESL) teaching positions that may become available within our division for the 2024-2025 school year.
Please note this is a "continuous recruit posting" to build an applicant pool for all schools. As positions become available, all qualified applicants with complete application files will be considered. Should a specific location/job be posted, you may also be required to apply to that posting.
The ESL Teacher is required to plan and implement instruction for students who have limited skills with the English language; is responsible for developing the English skills that enable students to be successful in the regular classroom; works with the classroom teachers and guidance counselors of students to aid them in the proficiency of the English language. The ESL Teacher is responsible for the administration of placement tests and placement of students according to their abilities when they first enter the school.
- Hold or be eligible for a Virginia Teacher's License with appropriate endorsement to teach English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Have experience in curriculum development and developing lesson plans
- Have experience and expertise in using technology in education
- Have experience in fostering an inclusive learning environment
- Have experience or working familiarity with Google Drive for instruction, collaboration and course work
- Have effective written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with parents and families
- Demonstrate the ability to work and collaborate with a team of other teachers
- Ability to be dependable and punctual
- Experienced or have working familiarity with virtual education
Salary: Teachers' salary scale with benefits (commensurate with experience) (current salary scale may change due to 2024-2025 budget considerations)
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Montgomery County School Board is an equal opportunity employer, committed to nondiscrimination in recruitment, selection, hiring, pay, promotion, retention, or other personnel action affecting employees or candidates for employment. Therefore, discrimination in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, gender, pregnancy, child birth or related medical condition, age, marital status, disability or status as a special disabled veteran is prohibited. Personnel decisions shall be based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, when necessary.
Director of Human Resources and Assistant Superintendent
750 Imperial Street SE, Christiansburg, VA 24073