Position: English as a Second Languange (ESL) Teacher
Department: Bristol Adult Education Center
Reports To: Director - Bristol Adult Education Center
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The adult education ESL teacher is responsible for performing the related responsibilities necessary to help adult students develop the academic knowledge, life skill competencies, and attitudes that will contribute to their development as mature, productive and responsible adults and facilitate their ability to participate in the educational development of their children.
- Candidates must hold TESOL certification (111) or Adult Education ESL Certification (088)
- Candidates should attend mandatory adult education meetings and staff development sessions.
- Candidates will meet with program coordinator and facilitator to discuss classroom materials, and other issues.
- Candidates should create and maintain a positive learning environment and standards of behavior.
- Candidates should plan life skills and academic instruction based on needs assessments, appropriate appraisal instruments, and program guidelines that are based on the CCR Standards.
- Candidates should develop teaching strategies that are appropriate for the adult ESL learner.
- Candidates should implement instruction that reflects structure and logical sequence for the appropriate learning levels.
- Candidates should organize and request teaching materials appropriate for adult ESL learners.
- Candidates will help administer appropriate CCS etesting.
- Candidate will maintain accurate attendance records utilizing LACES
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-time: 2 evenings per week, 5:00 - 8:00 pm
STARTING DATE: ASAP
If you are currently employed by the Bristol Board of Education as a teacher, please complete an internal application online by 4:00 p.m. on December 5, 2023.
All others please fill out an online application at www.applitrack.com/bristol/onlineapp
PC # 50350016