Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! We are proud to have received the Great Colleges to Work For honor for 12 consecutive years, 2009-2020.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Position Title World Languages Noncredit Adjunct Instructor FLSA Non-Exempt FT/PT Part Time Hours Per Week The number of hours an adjunct teaches will vary depending on scheduling needs. Courses are typically 2 hours per week. Work Schedule We are looking for instructors for our evening, in-person classes. Instructors are also expected to spend time planning lessons. Position Salary Range $35 per instructional hour General Responsibilities
We are seeking passionate adjunct instructors for a variety of basic World Language classes at HCC's Continuing Education department. We currently offer classes in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Korean, Italian, Japanese, German, and American Sign Language, but we are open to introducing other languages. Help us educate the community of Howard County in the cultures and languages of the world!
- Teaching assigned course hours each week
- Lesson planning
- Monitoring HCC email for program updates and information
Minimum Education Required Bachelor's degree Minimum Number of Years Experience Required Other Knowledge Required
- Proficiency in the target language
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Basic technology skills
- Enthusiasm for teaching
- Bilingual proficiency in English as well as the target language
- Current pedagogical best practices in the field of second language acquisition (SLA)
- Master's degree or higher in target language, linguistics, or a related field, or
- BA/BS in target language, linguistics, EFL, education, or TESOL, and
- A background or experience in teaching
Working Conditions Division Workforce, Career, and Community Education (Div) Department Continuing Education