The KI Instructor 2 is responsible for teaching classes within the guidelines of the established KI curriculum. They are also responsible for several administrative responsibilities outside of the classroom. Instructors should help international students achieve their academic goals through English language instruction and/or preparation for standardized tests while also maximizing student satisfaction with KI classes.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Teach any level of classes using the KI curriculum as assigned by the Academic Manager.
- Maintain a classroom atmosphere conducive to learning which maximizes student satisfaction.
- Effectively counsel and advise students regarding their academic performance and goals.
- Accept and incorporate feedback on classroom performance given by the Academic Manager to ensure consistent improvement in teaching quality.
- Prepare lesson plans according to established syllabus and submit to the Academic Manager upon request.
- Accurately record attendance and submit rosters to the Academic Manager as directed within required deadlines.
- Accurately record student performance and submit Individual Student Reports (ISRs) to the Academic Manager as directed within required deadlines.
- Attend instructor's meetings and in-house workshops to consistently improve teaching skills.
- Work to incorporate new teaching technology (e.g Smartboards) into your lessons in order to offer a dynamic, engaging, and enjoyable student experience.
- Effectively communicate with school administrative staff regarding planned and unplanned absences; provide clear instructions, complete lesson plans, and materials for substitutes.
- Become familiar with and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Complete other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in combination with TESOL, CELTA, TEFL certificate (including practicum) or six months of ESL/EFL teaching experience
- Superior skills in creating a dynamic, interactive classroom experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Experience with industry, international students and/ or 1-2 years of international teaching experience
- One or more foreign language ability
- Lifting up to 20+ pounds
- Visual Acuity
Chicago, IL, USA
Job Functional Area
Kaplan lnternational is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. If you require any adjustments or additional support within the recruitment process, please contact us directly.