At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The ESL Instructor (Adjunct) will instruct students in ESL classes, assist with recruitment of ESL students, identify contacts to develop additional class sites, and assist the Coordinator with ESL professional development, curriculum development, and program direction.
Please include unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Will be required to submit official copies of transcripts before start date.
This position may have occasional travel between campuses and for training. Occasional after hours may be required.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Plan, organize, and provide instruction so as to ensure that students meet and exceed learning targets and to ensure maximum student learning.
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of research-based teaching techniques and strategies.
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student's ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate context.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students.
- Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of student attendance and progress.
- Manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recognizing and respecting the variety of experiences and contributions represented by all of our students, employees, and community, the ESL Instructor (Adjunct)will encourage a learning environment where everyone is supported and valued for their unique perspectives and experiences and will foster and promote the participation of all members of our diverse communities.
- Bachelor's Degree, AND
- Two-years' teaching experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Outstanding personal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to incorporate current technology into the classroom environment.
- The ability to adapt to changing work priorities and maintain flexible working hours.
- The ability to facilitate group discussion, analyze situations, and draw conclusions.
- The ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Master's degree;
- Experience in English as a Second Language;
- Experience fostering and maintaining positive and collaborative relationships within the workplace.