REPORTS TO: School Administrator/ESL Director
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree in Teaching English as a Second Language or related fields
SPECIAL SKILLS: Knowledge of Second Language Acquisition, English Language Development, and advocating for Multilingual Learners and families.
JOB GOAL: To successfully teach and differentiate instruction for Multilingual Learners from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds, mainly Spanish speakers .
- Plan, organize, and provide instruction in English as a Second Language that meets state and federal standards
- Provide instruction that is consistent and coordinated with the district's instructional program so as to ensure that students meet and exceed learning targets
- Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies
- Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student's ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area
- Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating students' progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition
- Maintain complete and accurate records of students' progress and evidence of growth.
- Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and incorporates challenging instructional strategies
- Adapt curriculum to provide individual, small group, and/or supportive instruction to meet the needs of individual students and subgroups of students
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior required to run an orderly and productive classroom environment
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students
- Manage allotted learning time to maximize student achievement
- Attend department/school meetings outside of instructional hours
- Participate/lead professional development for classroom teachers, administrators and ML teachers
- Complete paperwork for the state, federal government, and school district in a timely and accurate manner
- Differentiate instruction for different language proficiency levels in the same classroom
- Utilice different types of technology and platforms to deliver instruction
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the ESL Director/school (s) administration.