To determine prospective salary, please view the Texans Can Academies Compensation Plan. This position carries a Salary Supplement for Instructional Coach responsibilities, and may also be eligible for an up to $14,000 stipend.Primary Purpose:
Provide support to and mentor new teachers and those designated by campus leadership. Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.Qualifications:
- Valid Texas teaching certificate preferred in the designated content area, required
- Three (3) years success as a classroom teacher in the assigned content area, as demonstrated by T-TESS or other District performance appraisal system
- Valid T-TESS certification, or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:Instructional Support
- Knowledge of subjects assigned
- An ability to communicate effectively with students and adults
- The ability to work with large groups of people
- Attend and actively participate in Instructional Coach PLCs and meetings
- Shall teach at least four (4) classes as assigned
- Provide support to and mentor new teachers and those designated by campus leadership as in need of assistance
- Support substitute teachers by providing lesson plans and assisting with grading
- Develop and conduct staff development for content area teachers on topics including lesson planning, classroom management, grading, and other topics as required
- Conduct informal classroom observations and provide feedback in the form of coaching conversations and development plans
- Model instructional strategies and lessons as needed
- Support campus and central administration in the implementation of instructional initiatives
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for different learners.
- Present subject matter according to the requirements of Texans Can's methodologies.
- Conduct student assessments regularly and maintain an up-to-date student gradebook.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Learn the requirements of the need for an Individual Education Plan in order to successfully deliver the instructional material to the special education students.
- Work with other members of staff to establish instructional goals and objectives.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Learn to use technology effectively when working with students.
- Participate in all instructional activities.
- Instructional Coaches must attend professional development as required by campus and central administration
Supervisory Responsibilities: Working Conditions:
- Instructional Coaches must maintain an active certification in the assigned content area in order to be eligible for this stipend
- The Instructional Coaches will be required to effectively maintain all responsibilities of their primary teaching assignment
- Supplemental duties must take place during the designated coaching periods, outside of an employee's normal work hours or calendar days, and should be considered voluntary, infrequent, and distinctly different from the employee's normal job description
- The Salary Supplement agreement does not constitute a contract of employment, override the at-will status of the employee, or otherwise impact the base salary paid to the employee
- If an employee fails to meet all criteria stipulated, or if determined to be in the best interest of the District at any time, the salary supplement agreement may be terminated.
- Texans Can Academies may adjust, prorate or remove payment of the stipend for reasons including the following:
- Leave of Absence taken
- Start date after the beginning of the school year
- Placed on Administrative Leave
- Separation from the District prior to the completion of each semester
- Delay in Certification Requirements
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.Texans Can Academies
is an Equal Opportunity Employer