The Public Schools of Brookline is seeking qualified candidates to administer English proficiency assessments as required by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to students in grades PK-12. Test administrators would be hired per diem as needed. The duties and requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to effectively and successfully administer English proficiency assessments with the Public Schools of Brookline.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Administers state-approved language proficiency assessments to identify English learners. - Interacts with students and their families in respectful and supportive ways.
- Applies knowledge of child development and second language acquisition when administering assessments.
- Applies knowledge of WIDA's levels of English proficiency and scoring rubrics when evaluating student performance on assessments.
- Respects confidential nature of student records and reports.
- Complies with all state and federal requirements applicable to the initial identification of English learners.
- Performs other duties as directed by English Language Education administration.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Valid Massachusetts educator licensure
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Trained to administer the PreIPT and/or WIDA Screener
- Experience administering and scoring the PreIPT and/or WIDA Screener
- Knowledge of WIDA Proficiency Levels and Rubrics
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in United States
- 1 to 3 years of student teaching, internship, aide, or teaching experience in an ESL/ELL setting
- Valid Massachusetts ELL/ESL licensure
TERMS: Per Diem
***All employees must be vaccinated and maintain full vaccination as a condition of employment or work as an on-site vendor/contractor, unless they receive approval for a documented medical or religious exemption in accordance with relevant state and/or federal law. For a full copy of the Covid-19 vaccination policy please click here.
The Public Schools of Brookline is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their teaching or practice to the diversity and excellence of the PSB community.
The Public Schools of Brookline is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.