OPEN UNTIL FILLEDEstimated Start:
Zephyrhills High School, 6335 12th Street, Zephyrhills, FL 33542JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing a comprehensive English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) program in one or more schools; training and coaching colleagues, administrators and staff in the use of effective, research-based methodologies leading to English proficiency development and the academic success of English Language Learners (ELL); participating in problem-solving programmatic determinations on behalf of ELLs; identifying staff development needs of the school and providing staff development and follow-up coaching related to English language proficiency development as part of the problem-solving process; and expanding relationships with school and community groups (e.g., Leadership Team, ELL Committee, ESOL Parent Leadership Council/District Advisory Council, Lead Literacy Team, learning communities, etc.) to help English Language Learners reach their highest potential.EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPIRIENCE
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES & REGISTRATION
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), English Education, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Exceptional Student Education, or Foreign Language
- Minimum of three (3) years successful K-12 or college/university teaching experience
- Experience working with ELLs
- Admission to the District School Board of Pasco County ESOL Resource Teacher pool
- Valid Florida Educator's Certificate with ESOL (K-12) Coverage
- ESOL Endorsement, OR a minimum of three (3) of the five (5) required courses for the ESOL endorsement with an agreement to become ESOL certified or endorsed within one year of accepting the assignment
Click here for job description.
Middle & HS ONLY :
***This position may require you to teach an additional period
beyond your base contract. Should this occur, you will receive additional compensation at the effective negotiated rate (currently $6500 for a full-year) in addition to your base salary for instructing this additional period. This additional amount will be paid as a supplement and will be disbursed in equal payments based on the District's established payroll calendar for this position. This amount is considered part of your salary for Florida Retirement System purposes.***Notification of Nondiscrimination:
The District School Board of Pasco County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, or age in its programs, services, and activities or in its hiring and employment practices.