ESL Coordinator/Specialist Reports to:
Campus Administrator Wage/Hour Status:
Heritage Academy Campus:
Del Rio, Texas School Year:
To assist and promote Heritage Academy Charter Schools Inc., (HACS) in implementing a rigorous curriculum/instructional program that supports student success and achievement. Provide instructional leadership and instructional professional development for the school Bilingual/ESL Program.Qualifications:Education/Certification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bilingual/ESL Certified
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Three or more years of successful classroom teaching experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Knowledge of effective schools and effective teaching, specifically ESL students
- Knowledge of programs for special populations
- Knowledge of Budget requirements
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to professional growth/renewal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with and receive guidance from supervisors
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Works with Principal and the Director of Student Services in identifying student instructional needs and developing instructional programs to address identified needs of Limited English Proficient students.
- Ensure proper implementation of required Bilingual/ESL program.
- Collaborate with the Director of Student Services, Principal, and other members of the Teaching and learning staff, develop programs that are consistent with the District's philosophy, goals and objects and that address that needs of the limited English proficient.
- Prepare all reports required by TEA & NCLB for the Bilingual/ESL Program.
- Assist campus administrators in implementing the required Bilingual/ESL Program.
- Ensure that all records pertaining to identification and assessment of limited English proficient students for program participation purposes are maintained accurately.
- Procure and disseminate to program staff materials, textbooks and other instructional aids related to the program.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the program and make recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Work towards developing and improving understanding of students educational needs on the part of students, parents, and teachers.
- Design, implement and evaluate staff development for bilingual/ESL Education with approval from campus principal.
- Assume and carry out other duties, as assigned by the Principal to enhance the overall program effectiveness.
- Keep abreast of current Bilingual/ESL Education research and legislative mandates and share such research with other Administrators.
- Assist principals in planning and implementing effective supervision, staff development and evaluation of Bilingual/ESL Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
- All equipment required to perform jobs duties and task previously described.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. HACS considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. HACS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.