FSE English Teacher Trainer Awards/ FSE Bilingual Teacher Trainer Awards
- Grants Description and Purpose: These grants provide qualified TEFL teachers or professors with the opportunity to spend one year as Academic Advisors of the Fulbright English Teaching Assistants (ETA) program. Advisors work with the American ETAs and their counterpart Taiwanese Local English Teachers (LETs). The purpose is to enhance the ETAs and LETs professional expertise through visits, observations, consultations and coordination. Through supervising these outstanding American and Taiwanese English teachers, the Advisors contribute and enhance the English Teaching environment in Taiwan. In cooperation with local universities.
- Duration The duration of the grant is normally for 11 month beginning after July 15th, 2021 and before 7/25/2021. With Selection Committee approval, renewal for a second and final 11 months may considered.
Benefits: Monthly stipend of NT$60,000 - NT$80,000 (Depending upon the degree and qualifications of the grantee) 1. Round-trip airfare between Taiwan and current residence (for non-Taiwan residence) 2. Additional allowance of NT$36,000 first month of the grant 3. National Health Insurance 4.Travel reimbursement for transportation costs incurred in traveling between locations; hotel reimbursement up to NT$2,500 per night for to business travel between locations. 5.The grant experience offers close professional interactions with Taiwanese TEFL teachers and local professors. Recipients have many opportunities to travel around the island, visit major cities and see beautiful remote areas, including the indigenous areas.
- Eligibility Criteria (1) FSE English Teacher Trainer Awards
- Applicants with a Master’s degree and TEFL teaching experience are eligible who:
- Currently teach or conduct research in TEFL in any country, including Taiwan
- Hold official citizenship from Taiwan or from a native English-speaking country
- Are native English speakers or are fluent in English
- Applicants with a Ph.D. degree who are citizen of Taiwan or a native English- speaking country are eligible who:
- Have been in a relevant field of English teaching experiences for more than 2 years
- Have held the rank of assistant professor (or its equivalent) or higher for at least two years, and are affiliated with a university or research institution in Taiwan or other English speaking country (2) Bilingual Teacher Trainer Award A. Applicants who hold official citizenship from Taiwan or another English-speaking country with a Master’s degree and Bilingual teaching experience are eligible who:
- Currently teach or conduct research in Bilingual education in an institution in Taiwan or other English-speaking country.
- Are a native English speaker or fluent in English.
- Have first-hand experience with Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) in English. B. Applicants who hold official citizenship from Taiwan or another English-speaking country with a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field of Bilingual education are eligible who:
- Have been in a relevant field of Bilingual education for more than 2 years.
- Have held the rank of assistant professor, its equivalent or higher for at least two years, and are affiliated with a university or research institution in Taiwan or other English speaking or English-as-an-official-language country.
- Are a native English speaker or fluent in English.
- Have first-hand experience with Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) in English. While a background in Mandarin is useful, it is not necessary for the position.
- Training Activities Primary activity – Professional Development of Teachers:
Instruct Local English Teachers (LETs) and Fulbright English Teaching Assistants (ETAs), with the cooperation of local staff and professors at each site. ETAs are usually co-teaching with LETs in elementary and a few junior high schools. The grantees are a crucial part of the team coordinated by Fulbright Taiwan. They need to engage in the following:
Summer Training: Provide some teacher training instruction for ETAs and LETs in August; teacher training is spread over the month
- Workshops: For each 18-week semester, each recipient runs approximately 4 different weekday afternoon TEFL workshops focused on practical applications (rotating weekly among different locations)
- Reports: Provide written feedback on up to 15 ETAs’ bi-weekly reports
- Teaching observations: Attend and comment on up to 16 of each semester’s classroom observations
- Consultation: Provide, on request, individual advice to ETAs and LETs regarding co-teaching and teaching methods
- Organize training forum and teacher training programs
- Camps: Instruct the ETAs about the content of the English Camps in remote areas and their sites as part of ETAs’ community service
- Cultural Events: participate in host family gatherings, Dragon Boat Festival, ETA school interviews, and promotional sessions of ETA Program
- Office Hours: The main office will be based in Taipei; grantees need to be in the office during days when they are not attending the above activities in the field How to apply?
- Submit the following required document to Foundation of Scholarly Exchange through email no later than February 15th, 2021.
- A Statement of Purpose in English for teacher training
- English CV (with your cell phone number or easy-to-be contacted number) and email address
- 2 English or Chinese recommendation letters
- Academic transcripts and degree certification
- Copy of R.O.C. ID card or copy of passport for other English speaking countries
- Contact : Fulbright Taiwan ETA Team email@example.com Selection Procedure
- Selection Committee reviews all application documents and notifying the candidates for official English interview
- Some candidates may have Skype interviews upon special request
- Official candidates will formally be notified before March, 2021
Apply for FSE English Teacher Trainer Awards/ FSE Bilingual Teacher Trainer Awards
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly