Prepares and conducts ESL classes, and provides bilingual translation and related assistance with work tasks. Principal Responsibilities
Salary Range : $20 - $25 per hour commensurate with experience Job Competencies & Minimum Qualifications
- Teaches ESL class that is in compliance with all contractual regulations and meets the agency's established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance and safety standards.
- Formulates teaching outline based on Training program directives and determines instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, etc.
- Selects or develops teaching materials and aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Maintains written records and all mandated forms and reports.
- Elicits participants' recommendations to improve ESL program; meet with Training and Mentoring staff to determine satisfaction and implementation of new ideas and addresses any specific needs of students.
- Translate training and orientation materials as needed or requested.
- Attends all required training and staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as needed or requested.
- Adhere to organization's standards by completing annual mandatory trainings in a timely manner on topics including - but not limited to - Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, IT Security Awareness, Compliance, OSHA, HIPAA and any other training the organization may deem necessary in regards to regulatory compliance or good business practices.
- Supports organization's mission by striving for excellence in all aspects of their job with a focus on positive interpersonal relationship with co-workers.
- Adheres to the organization's policy in regards to absenteeism and appearance and health and safety standards
Working Conditions/Physical Demand
- Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- TESOL or ESL Certification or similar preferred
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to multi-task and work independently with a great attention to detail
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of exposure to pathogens.
Associates or better in English as a Second Language or related field