Job Title: Teaching Assistant
Location: London Southwark Borough Secondary School
Reports To: Head Teacher or Lead Teacher
Job Type: Full-Time, long-term July 2024/onwards £85 - £110 a day Enhanced DBS required.
The Teaching Assistant at our Southwark Borough Secondary School plays a pivotal role in providing support to both teachers and students, creating a conducive learning environment, and contributing to the academic and personal development of students. As a Teaching Assistant, you will work closely with teachers to facilitate the learning process, offer individualized support, and assist in classroom management.
1. Classroom Support: Collaborate with teachers to provide additional support in the classroom, helping to ensure a productive and inclusive learning environment.
2. Individualised Assistance: Work one-on-one or in small groups with students who may require extra help or have special educational needs, including those with learning disabilities or English as a Second Language (ESL) students.
3. Resource Preparation: Assist in the creation and organization of teaching materials, resources, and equipment needed for lessons and activities.
4. Behaviour Management: Support teachers in managing classroom behaviour, implementing behaviour intervention strategies, and ensuring a respectful and disciplined atmosphere.
5. Assessment and Progress Monitoring: Help in monitoring and recording student progress and achievement and provide feedback to teachers to inform instructional adjustments.
6. Inclusive Education: Promote inclusive practices by ensuring that all students have equal access to the curriculum and are engaged in the learning process.
7. Special Needs Support: Assist students with special educational needs (SEN), including those with physical, emotional, or behavioural challenges. Implement SEN strategies as directed by the SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator).
8. Language Support: Assist ESL students in developing their English language skills, focusing on listening, speaking, reading, and writing as required.
9. Assistance with Extra-Curricular Activities: Contribute to the planning and supervision of extra-curricular activities, such as school clubs, sports, or field trips.
10. Health and Safety: Maintain a safe and organized classroom environment, complying with health and safety regulations, and implementing emergency procedures when necessary.
11. Professional Development: Participate in training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and knowledge as a Teaching Assistant.
* Minimum of GCSEs or equivalent qualifications. A relevant teaching assistant qualification is a plus.
* Experience working with children or adolescents, especially in an educational setting.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Empathy, patience, and a passion for contributing to the education and well-being of students.
(Must be able to commute to Crystal Palace)
If you, or anybody else is interested in this role please don't hesitate to get in touch (Rodney @ Madison Reign or click apply now!
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Rodney @ Madison Reign