A qualified and experiencedSecondary English Language and Literature teacher (not TEFL/ESOL/EAP etc)is needed for a family in Saudi Arabia. Based in Riyadh, but with travel required mainly within Saudi, you will be working as part of a small team of specialist subject teachers, the role is comprised of a mix of some full-time teaching and some after-school teaching, depending on the travel and school schedules. This role reports to the Curriculum Coordinator and requires working as part of a team of private teachers, and interfacing with school normally attended by the children to cater to their academic needs. Note: due to the frequent and long periods of travel required, this post is not suited to teachers with accompanying spouse or dependents.
- Childrens profile: Primary to KS 3/4. Secondary experience at GCSE is required. 4-5 children.
- Curriculum: Cambridge (UK), adapted to include progressive and project-based learning
- Hours/days Sunday-Thursday
- Travel: periodic local travel within Saudi Arabia is required for months at a time.
Salary and Package:
- 216,000-240,000 Saudi Riyals per annum (appx £47,000 to 52,000) Tax free - meaning you pocket around £4,000 per month.
- Free furnished housing in nearby gated community
- Transport daily to/from work
- Medical coverage
- Flights yearly
- 1-year renewable contract
- When family travel is required all travel costs including transport, hotel and food is provided
- Completely fluent in English
- Qualified/certified Secondary teacher of English (with English degree + pgce)
- Minimum of 2 years of recent Secondary School English teaching experience using UK curriculum, with ability to teach lower grades as well.
- Culturally sensitive, professional approach, very flexible and adaptable, both personally and professionally
- Experienced in one of the following curricula: Cambridge, UK, US, IB, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or another progressive, project-based, high-quality curriculum
- Travelling without dependents is required
About Edvectus: Edvectus is an international recruitment company with offices in the UK, Middle East and beyond. We match qualified teachers with a degree+PGCE (or equivalent) to jobs abroad. To see more jobs please visit www.edvectus.com