At KIPP New Orleans, we see the gifts in everyone who walks through the doors of our schools. Especially our teachers. Their skill. Energy. Love. Their determination. On the good days, and the hard ones. So we support our teachers to make the most of those gifts in order to build academically excellent classrooms and create unlimited opportunities for all of our students. The KIPP Difference | Together, a Future Without Limits
As a KIPP New Orleans ESL Teacher, your core responsibilities include:
- Respect: For our teachers” innate talent and desire to learn, for their professional growth and the lives they lead beyond our walls.
- Support: Our teachers always feel the KIPP Team and Family at their backs, with support to grow and opportunities to lead.
- Purpose: Together, we share an ambitious mission to create a future without limits. And we need talented teachers to realize it.
- Teaching English Learners in a high quality, engaging way
- Creating and fostering a positive learning environment and exhibit positive rapport with students
- Holding high expectations for each student while implementing the school-wide student management policies within classrooms and everywhere on campus
- Constantly assessing student progress and communicating results to families and colleagues
- Be goal-driven in instruction and focused on producing measurable results that close the achievement gap for ALL students.
- Use progress-monitoring tools to analyze student results for the purpose of modifying and adjusting strategies and programming
- Use data to inform instructional decisions
- Being prepared to do whatever it takes for students to excel
- Committing to constant professional and personal growth through working closely as part of a team of teachers
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to support EL students through a variety of strategies and best practices
- Design and lead professional development for classroom teachers in using ELL strategies
- Adapt and differentiate general education teachers” weekly lesson plans, assessments and homework to meet individual student goals.
- Complete initial screening of ELL students, the continued monitoring and supporting of student progress, parent communication, and advocating for students as needed.
- Ensure compliance with city and state ELL mandates
- Be a good teammate - work closely with other school staff to reinforce expectations for all students