TITLE: ESL Language Support Personnel Part and Full time-2023-2024.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have an associate degree (or higher) from an accredited institution of higher education; or at least 48 semester hours of higher education from an accredited institution; Certification in Teaching and/or ESL endorsements preferred.
REPORTS TO: ESL Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide support to Native Language Speaking students and assist Classroom teachers with instructional support to enhance academic achievement of students.
- Can administer assessments of language proficiency such as initial assessments and annual assessments requires by the state.
- Must provide in-class instruction as directed by teacher utilizing native language supports
- Must be flexible and dependable while maintaining confidentiality of students and families
- Have good collaboration skills to work with mainstream teachers, ESL staff and other staff members in the school.
- Maintain classroom management of small groups of students in the target language.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in target language and in English in the domains of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Adheres to all HCESC policies as outlined in the employee handbook
- Conduct yourself with proper interpreter protocol (adhering to what was said, not interjecting your thoughts, speaking respectfully and directly to persons involved).
OTHER PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports and advocates for students in the classroom, school and the community.
- Accompanies students on field trips and in community training and inclusive settings.
- Provide professional development to staff on the role of Native Language Supports personnel.
- Participate in student staffing, and educational team meetings for tiers of intervention support.
- Must satisfy all job-related training and attendance requirements.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary per current salary schedule
- School calendar adopted or any amendments there to -
- Fulfill all duties in connection with his/her job assignments as he/she may be directed to perform.
- Performance will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on evaluation of Native Language Supports personnel.
Submit your application to: www.ohioteachingjobs.org and Submit Resume with Letter of Interest to:
Hamilton County ESC
11083 Hamilton Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45231