Academic Writing - EAP1640
MCCMEA - School of Humanities Minimum Qualifications: Applicant must possess either MA or MS in the following areas:
Applied Linguistics, Education, English, ESL, Foreign Languages, Language Acquisition, Latin American Studies, Linguistics or, TESOL. If applicant has a MA/MS in English, Reading, Education, Foreign Language, or related field then the applicant must also meet 2 of the following:
Graduate-level TESOL endorsement or certification, Undergraduate TESOL endorsement or certification with experience teaching TESOL, Doctoral-level research pertaining to language acquisition and/or TESOL pedagogy, Teaching and/or leadership within programs targeting speakers of other languages . Essential Functions/Duties:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Teach courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures, as well as Basic Course Information sheets.
- Prepare and submit timely grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating them to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
- Provide input and work with other faculty and staff to review, produce and/ or select course-related materials.
- Extensive knowledge of the subject area(s) in which the individual is responsible for instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and challenges of community college students.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of curriculum development.
- Computer literate and able to navigate in a Windows environment.
Complete application files will be accepted on a continuous basis and remain active for one year. Note: All Adjunct positions are part-time, temporary assignments (for no more than one semester at a time) dependent upon student enrollment and the instructional needs of the College. For consideration, applicants must submit an online application by scrolling to bottom of this page and selecting the appropriate apply button. A completed online application consists of: an electronic job application, current vita/resume, and unofficial transcripts. Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
**Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
** Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting are required. For more information, please contact us at telephone 386.506.4505, or visit our website at
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and provides equal access, equal educational opportunity and equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site https://www.daytonastate.edu/equity/index.html or contact Human Resources at 386-506-4505 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd. Building 100, Room 303 Daytona Beach.
Required Experience Qualifications: Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital setting required for acute care settings. Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab experience required for rehab care settings.
- Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
- Will consider licensed military RN experience.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.