RESOURCE TEACHER - PRESCHOOL
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING NUMBER: 00058145
SCHOOL YEAR: 2023-2024
POSTING NUMBER: 00058145
LOCATION: 196:MONTGOMERY COMPLEX
POSITION TITLE: RESOURCE TEACHER - PRESCHOOL
To provide consultation and coaching to Preschool Classrooms, both NM PreK and Special Education Preschool Programs to facilitate classroom environments favorable to learning and development for Preschool students, and professional growth for Preschool Teachers and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Assists staff in the implementation of professional development regarding the NM PreK Program Standards.
- Organizes and disseminates most current Preschool mandates to school and district personnel.
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of Preschool programs in elementary school sites and future sites.
- Assists in the development of the District Preschool grant proposal to the ECECD.
- Serves as a liaison between Early Childhood and other District Departments that serve Preschool Students.
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the District Preschool Program of instruction as aligned to the full participation of each child in the general education setting.
- Implement a research based Coaching model with District Preschool Teachers
- Provide consultative support using evidence based resources with Preschool Teachers Educational Assistants, and Administrators.
- Provide on-site consultation and Coaching for new and returning Preschool Teachers.
- Support the coordination of and facilitate Preschool specific professional learning sessions as directed.
- Attend all mandatory professional learning as scheduled by the Early Childhood Department, the CREC Early Childhood Instructional Coach Coordinators and/or CREC administrator.
- Maintain regular communication with Early Childhood Administrators including monthly supervisor meetings, changes in schedule, coaching caseload, time reports and other required reports.
DUTIES: In addition to the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must perform the following duties:
- Complies with state-approved Code of Ethics of the Education Profession and upholds and enforces rules, administrative directives and regulations, school board policies, and local, state and federal regulations.
- Articulates and facilitates the implementation of the mission and values of the Albuquerque Public Schools.
- Safeguards confidentiality of privileged information.
- Prepares and maintains accurate and complete records and reports as required by law, state directives, District policy and administrative regulations.
- Shares the responsibility for the supervision and care of District inventory, proper and safe use of facilities, equipment and supplies, and reports safety hazards promptly.
- Maintains professional relationships and works cooperatively with employees, the community and other professionals.
- Maintains professional competence through individual and staff training, in-service educational activities and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Attends and/or conducts staff meetings and participates on committees within area of responsibility.
- Performs other tasks related to area of responsibilities as requested or assigned by an immediate supervisor.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations, in person, virtually, and on the phone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others.
- Proficient with word processing, database, spreadsheets, and presentation programs such as Google Slides, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies, and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations, and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members, and staff.
- Ability to communicate via email and use online resources.
- Experience in parent involvement, early childhood or literacy programs.
- TESOL and/or Bilingual Endorsement
- Master's Degree, Level III Licensure preferred
- Dynamic individual with the ability and skills to inspire teachers, and staff, and build collaborative partnerships using a research based Coaching model.
- Ability to facilitate professional learning virtually and in person, embedding adult learning principles.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities with emphasis on the ability to collaborate and support other staff to promote effective performance.
- Motivated to serve the best interests of the Early Childhood Department, meet goals, and produce quality work.
- Valid NM Driver's License and ability to provide own transportation.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- Valid New Mexico Teacher License level II or III
- Early Childhood Teacher License: PreK- Third Grade or
- Early Childhood Teacher License: Birth through Third Grade or
- Special Education PreK-12
- Five Years experience as a teacher in Early Childhood Classrooms or direct service to Preschool Programs.
Contact: Allison Gabaldon at / firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Certified Application. In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
START DATE: 01/08/2023