Case Manager Supervisor
CHI- Sanctuary Casa 46th st - New York, NY
$65,000.00 - $65,000.00 Salary
The Case Management Supervisor is part of the human service leadership team that manages and monitors the development and execution of service and care plans for residents to provide a supportive and empowering environment that fosters stabilization, independence and self-reliance, and skills development. The Case Management Supervisor leads a team of Case Managers and ensures that service and care plans are up to date and customized to resident needs. The Supervisor coordinates resources and develops partnerships with community-based services to support their team in implementing service and care plans and provides direct supervision and guidance to their team members.
Pay: $65,000 salary
FSLA: Exempt (no overtime)
Location: Midtown Manhattan, NY
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday 9am-5pm (off Friday & Saturday)
JOB-RELATED DUTIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
These duties are essential and specific to the successful implementation of this position.
SERVICE AND CARE COORDINATION
- Ensure residents receive quality and appropriate services per organizational principles and program requirements.
- Review service and care plans to ensure plans are customized to the needs of the residents, aligned to their biopsychosocial assessments, and promote independence and long-term stability.
- Develop partnerships and service agreements with external providers and organizations that offer support, advocacy and direct services for immigration and citizenship issues, legal issues, health and mental health issues, childcare and youth services, public benefits and donations, employment opportunities, educational and vocational services.
- Ensure residents are actively engaged in public benefits and city programs in accordance with DHS requirements and are meeting program requirements.
- In Family Shelters ensure school-age children receive transportation services, school transfers, and ESL/ELL and IEP curriculum as needed.
- Develop and maintain a resource network for referrals as related to service needs of residents.
- Ensure Case Managers leverage external services in service and care plan development and implementation; advocate with providers to secure services where needed.
- Ensure residents maintain healthy hygiene and housekeeping. Ensure residents who exhibit behaviors that compromise their health and the safety of others are engaged with Social Workers and external resources and services.
- Review discharge plans to ensure continued enrollment and participation in public benefits and service linkages to community-based organizations are in place.
- Review performance and productivity of Case Managers; provide constructive feedback, guidance, and technical assistance to team members around performance, professional development, and knowledge and skills development. Provide performance evaluations per Paycom.
- Troubleshoot difficult resident cases; intervene and directly assist in special needs cases.
- Conduct 1 to 1 meetings with members of your team and update the performance goals, accomplishments, notes, and feedback in Paycom on a regular basis (weekly/bi-weekly).
- Ensure Case Managers adhere to CHI code of conduct and abide by contractual, city, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Document interactions and communications with and on behalf of residents in CARES and AWARDS.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and Program Director.
ENTRY LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience: Bachelor”s Degree in social work or psychology required. Five (5) years of experience plus two (2) years of supervisory experience in social services for clients. Experience with immigrants and immigration issues prioritized.
Minimum of seven (7) years of case management experience and three (3) years of supervisory experience in the past ten (10) years may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Communication: Professional verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in English required, multi-lingual and Spanish proficiency prioritized.
- Computer skills: Professional competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet. Experience with CARES, HOME, CAPS, and AWARDS prioritized.
- Math Skills: Ability to formulate simple financial budgets and coach budget management skills.
- Physical Performance: Ability to make unit visits (walk distances, climb stairs, etc.)
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to prioritize; make appropriate decisions and judgment calls.
- Other Skills :
- Experience working with homeless individuals and people living with health and/or mental health issues and substance use. Ability to engage residents.
- Extensive experience with service and care plan development and implementation.
- Experience in building partnerships and sustaining partnerships and collaborations with external service providers and community-based organizations.
DIVERSTY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Community Housing Innovations Inc (CHI) respects diversity and is an equal opportunity employer that provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Community Housing Innovations is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
This commitment applies to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, compensation, training, assignments, benefits, employee activities, termination, access to facilities, and programs, and all other terms and conditions of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (914) 683-1010 ext. 1287