Job Title: English Learner Teacher
- Part time, K-12 Location: All District BuildingsJob
District English Learner TeacherStart Date: Immediately
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate with ESL/TESOL endorsement, K-12
- Meet requirements for Highly Qualified
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- SIOP training and experience teaching content to Multilanguage learners (ELs/MLLs).
- Skilled in addressing the unique academic, developmental, physical and social needs of ELs.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with students, families and staff.
- Strong communication, technology, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of data management, and use it to inform instruction.
- Instruct ELs following the CCSS ELA standards and best-practices in literacy instruction, merging content and language development to support content knowledge and language acquisition.
- Provide instruction consistent with District and school expectations, which meets the educational needs of all students assigned to the teacher.
- Support WIDA ACCESS testing during the testing window, and support student accountability as needed.
- Communicate with students, families, administrators and other staff members in a manner which is consistent with District and school expectations.
- Maintain student records, organize resources and foster a learning environment which is consistent with District and school expectations, while maximizing student learning
- Organize, plan, and send out family communication following state and federal requirements including entrance letters and exit letters
- Plan, prepare and implement instruction and assessment used to measure student growth, using multiple data sets.
- Honor and carry out the District initiatives and goals.
- Participate in professional development opportunities and demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning, including attending conferences such as MABE and Special Populations.
- Communicate student progress and development with families and staff.
- Demonstrate creative and innovative lesson plans that contribute to a highly engaged learning community.
The position will be reporting to the FHS principal, but teach at all buildings.
It is the policy of Fowlerville Community Schools that the District will not discriminate in its programs, services, or activities against any person based on race, color, national origin, gender, disability, or age. Inquiries or complaints related to discrimination should be directed to the Assistant Superintendent, Board of Education Office, 7677 Sharpe Road, Suite A, Fowlerville, MI 48836, (517)223-6027.Fowlerville Community Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer