Adult Education Night ESL Teacher-
6 hours per week/ 2 evenings
Hours: 5:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Adult Education Night ESL Teacher
Adult Education Teachers are advocates who provide support to maximize student potential and academic achievement while serving the needs of a diverse student population. In collaboration with all educators, families and the community, school counselors create a support system through individual and small-group counseling, responsive services and leadership. As a result of the Adult Education Teacher, students will acquire skills and knowledge for college and career readiness and become civically minded members of society.
The successful candidate possesses:
- Knowledge of College and Career Readiness skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff members, and administrators;
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, staff, parents and the community;
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Strong foundation in the principles of anti-racism, trauma-sensitivity, and culturally-responsive education.
- Takes a strengths-based, advocacy approach to working with students and families;
- Strives to grow and learn in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with students individually and in groups.
- Assisting students with personal goal setting, action planning, and progress-monitoring
- Providing support in pathways for college and/or career readiness, and long-term post-secondary planning.
- Consultation and collaboration with teachers, staff and parents/guardians; referrals to and consultation with outside service providers and community resources.
- Providing classroom guidance instruction to students in several areas to include college and career readiness, study and organizational skills, and social/emotional learning.
- Identifying student barriers to success.
- Bachelor's Degree minimum
- Experience in urban settings
Minimum qualification- Bachelors Degree
Position Start Date:10/03/2023