School Social Worker (2023-2024 School Year)
Student Support Services/ School Social Worker Date Posted:
Stamford, CT Date Available:
2023-2024 School Year This posting is for a candidate pool for anticipated vacancies for the 2023-2024 school year. Please apply to all candidate pools that you are qualified for and interested in. The filling of this position is based upon continued funding in the Board of Education budget. Note: Teachers dually certified in TESOL, Bilingual Education or ESL, with experience in Sheltered Instruction or fluency in a language other than English, will be given preference for all Stamford Public School positions.JOB DESCRIPTION - Social WorkerGENERAL STATEMENT:
The Social Worker provides assessments, and evaluations of students' special educational needs. The Social Worker reports to the principal and/or the District Department Head for Social Work and Home Instruction. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides daily support for students through casework, group work, and class meetings.
- Provides psycho-social assessment and family assessments for students enrolled in the program.
- Makes regular contact, i.e., home visits with parents or other appropriate family members to enhance communication and improve student performance.
- Develops a support program to improve family communications.
- Provides crisis intervention service to students and families.
- Facilitates referral to community based medical/psychiatric services for students in need of medical evaluation and hospital treatment.
- Refers students to community agencies for vocational training and employment.
- Conducts appropriate classroom based affective education programs.
- Meets daily with staff and assists staff with student management.
- Meets weekly in formal case conferences with program staff and psychiatric consultant.
- Meets or confers with staff from sending school.
- Participates in Child Study Team and Planning and Placement Team meetings.
- Maintains appropriate student case records.
- Prepares reports and develops record keeping procedures in accordance with district and departmental procedures that meet the requirements of the grantor (DCYS: Department of Children and Youth Services).
- A valid Connecticut teacher certificate with endorsement in Social Work (071).
- Minimum of three (3) years professional experience in social work.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of present practices and current trends in social work.
- Experience in working directly with students and families.
- A working knowledge of community resources.
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Appropriate communication skills - both oral and written.
- Knowledge of and/or demonstrate the ability to learn and implement Operating Systems (i.e. Windows); Office suites (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Docs); Presentation Software (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote); Spreadsheets (i.e. Excel, Google Spreadsheets); Communication and Collaboration tools (i.e. Skype); Accounting Software (i.e. QuickBooks); Student Information Systems (i.e. Naviance, Power School); or any other technology deemed relevant for this position.
Stamford Education Association (SEA) Salary :
$50,184 to $122,160
Step Placement is based on education and experience as outlined in Article 4 (D) of the SEA Contract . Application Procedures:
Online application is required. Internal Applicants:
Please upload a cover letter (summarizing your interest in and qualifications for the position) and resume as part of your Internal Application. In addition, be prepared to provide a two letters of reference to the interview committee.